Hawt they're voting to overturn GA's sunday alcohol blue law tomorrow!

will the ban be repealed?

• haha! you're in GA, boy! that shit will never pass.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • enough northerners have moved to the south that it might pass by the slimmest of margins

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • who cares? fuck your shit!

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
you can go drinking all over the city/state on sunday if you want. you just can't buy it from a store and take it home. it doesn't get much more retarded than that.

lol. it was this way when I was in IN in college. Didn't stop us. Saturday was 'git yer shit ton of booze cuz ya can't tomorrow.'

A little planning goes a long way. Well, at least until monday.

lol. it was this way when I was in IN in college. Didn't stop us. Saturday was 'git yer shit ton of booze cuz ya can't tomorrow.'

A little planning goes a long way. Well, at least until monday.

Getting rid of stupid religious laws goes even further.

lol. the tourists aren't buying package liquor. I'd think your state wants them to be buying at the restaurants & hotels to spend more $ getting more tax $.

bars aren't open on sunday due to this law. restaurants with a bar where they make their money from at least 50% food sales are though. we have tons of sporting events such as the SEC basketball championship that was here last weekend. those people would pack bars/clubs on a sunday after an event let out.

gotta look out for the stupid.

wtf, since when does this fit in with your small government ideals?

restricting people's ability to buy alcohol whenever they want - or any mind altering substance, for that matter - is government intrusion into personal lives. especially since tax dollars are going to enforce those laws

restricting people's ability to buy alcohol whenever they want - or any mind altering substance, for that matter - is government intrusion into personal lives. especially since tax dollars are going to enforce those laws

TSRH.

I read his posts and was like *spits out drink* "WTF?!?!"

hehe. I agree that it's an antiquated law and intrusion and all that. The law wasn't created to stop responsible people from drinking, it was to prevent drunks from stumbling into stores to keep their drunk on on a day that was considered holy. The other 6 days, get your drunk on; day #7, have some respect.

Today, the law penalizes you from being drunk in public 7 days a week. Where's the justice?

Georgia code:
(a) A person who shall be and appear in an intoxicated condition in any public place or within the curtilage of any private residence not his own other than by invitation of the owner or lawful occupant, which condition is made manifest by boisterousness, by indecent condition or act, or by vulgar, profane, loud, or unbecoming language, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
(b) This Code section shall not be construed to affect the powers delegated to counties or to municipal corporations to pass laws to punish drunkenness or disorderly conduct within their respective limits.
Last modified: April 21, 2006

hehe. I agree that it's an antiquated law and intrusion and all that. The law wasn't created to stop responsible people from drinking, it was to prevent drunks from stumbling into stores to keep their drunk on on a day that was considered holy. The other 6 days, get your drunk on; day #7, have some respect.
uh, fuck no. I have no reason to respect your holy day

and what about people who recognize a different holy day? or better yet, people who recognize your holy day by drinking?

Today, the law penalizes you from being drunk in public 7 days a week. Where's the justice?

Georgia code:

and?

Last edited: