They need to courtmartial this dude...

S

smileynev

...http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/03/general.shoot/index.html

What the fuck was he thinking, and how can he say thats its fun to shoot people? Does he not understand that they have the same basic rights as every other individual in the world? They have parents and children and friends who love them just as much as our soldier's family and friends love them. How can he be so cold hearted and callous as to say that? War isn't a video game, they don't get to respawn later. I hope he gets drummed out of the corp and faces a life of solitude and grief.

j/k :fly:

Mattis said. "You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Double negatives, that dude should definitely be shot.

I think our nation's killers should be exempt from the PC bullshit. There is no such thing as a refined killer, with the exception of American Psycho.

fly said:
I think our nation's killers should be exempt from the PC bullshit. There is no such thing as a refined killer, with the exception of American Psycho.
That movie was hot... dropping a chainsaw down flights of stairs and nailing her. :lol:

fly said:

He's not a killer anymore, he's a general. Although, I picture him riding in one of those open air cart thingies like the Indian prince's do in the movies, carried by a group of sherpas. They come across an insurgent running from their caravan and he grabs his old fashioned elephant gun and picks him off at 100 paces.

I've heard a lot worse from almost every marine I know (I know a few) - that dude just happened to be a three star general and get caught on tape saying it in this PC day and age

elpmis said:
I've heard a lot worse from almost every marine I know (I know a few) - that dude just happened to be a three star general and get caught on tape saying it in this PC day and age

I don't think that even 50 years ago that would have been okay to say in a news conference. I think its funny that he said it, and I have no problem with it, but I can see how it makes us look like callous, uncaring asses to the rest of the pussywhipped world.

smileynev said:
I don't think that even 50 years ago that would have been okay to say in a news conference. I think its funny that he said it, and I have no problem with it, but I can see how it makes us look like callous, uncaring asses to the rest of the pussywhipped world.
I don't know though, 50 years ago reporters may not have printed it or a made a big deal out of it - written it off as "well he's a marine in wartime"

who knows, but yeah you're right, that dude is FUCKED

elpmis said:
I don't know though, 50 years ago reporters may not have printed it or a made a big deal out of it - written it off as "well he's a marine in wartime"

who knows, but yeah you're right, that dude is FUCKED

Meh, I hope he gets a pat on the ass from Bush and they send him off to go blow more shit up.

And 50 years ago you're probably right, the press wouldn't even publish it.

smileynev said:
Meh, I hope he gets a pat on the ass from Bush and they send him off to go blow more shit up.

And 50 years ago you're probably right, the press wouldn't even publish it.
right cause you have to remember that 50 years ago was pre hippy

elpmis said:
right cause you have to remember that 50 years ago was pre hippy

Do you think that if someone went back in time and killed all the important hippies, the world would be a better place now?

And, if so, would it make a good movie?

smileynev said:
Do you think that if someone went back in time and killed all the important hippies, the world would be a better place now?

And, if so, would it make a good movie?
Yes and yes