Pics These a-holes are looting baltimore as we speak

The pros (i.e. one of the arresting officers) called it a spring assisted knife.

The state attorney said it was not a switchblade. (as the justification for arresting the officers)
Cops aren't pros. They are just hopefully more well informed than we are. For example, I bet if you quizzed LEOs on the rights of a US citizen during interactions with police none of them would get every question right.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
The pros (i.e. one of the arresting officers) called it a spring assisted knife.

The state attorney said it was not a switchblade. (as the justification for arresting the officers)

I get that part. I mean after someone else (the court) says, 'yeah dufus, it's legal.'

Have you seen spring assisted opening knives? They're a-fucking-mazing. Opens with a flip of the wrist. I had one until I lost it on a trail ride :(

I get that part. I mean after someone else (the court) says, 'yeah dufus, it's legal.'

Have you seen spring assisted opening knives? They're a-fucking-mazing. Opens with a flip of the wrist. I had one until I lost it on a trail ride :(
But they don't. Spring assisted means you have to overcome a resistance that does not allow the blade to be opened with the flick of a wrist. Once you overcome that force with your thumb on the thumb assist, the spring then fully extends the blade into a locked position.

I've done my research to determine whether the spring assisted pocket knife that I have is legal in California, and while it is, I also understand that the popo might not know the law and the difference between a switch blade and a spring assisted blade.

But they don't. Spring assisted means you have to overcome a resistance that does not allow the blade to be opened with the flick of a wrist. Once you overcome that force with your thumb on the thumb assist, the spring then fully extends the blade into a locked position.

I've done my research to determine whether the spring assisted pocket knife that I have is legal in California, and while it is, I also understand that the popo might not know the law and the difference between a switch blade and a spring assisted blade.

Dude, I had one and loosened the spring. All I did was flick my wrist & the weight of the blade pulled it out, then the spring kicked in and opened it the rest of the way. It was bad ass.

I had this exact knife, but returned it for one with a slightly better grip.

this is the grip I wanted.

o47t6NX.jpg