Ontopic There is something interesting going on in the Middle East

Most of that region is either classified as Middle East, North Africa, or HOA. All three are very different. I also just saw that everyone's fears are coming true and now the crown jewel of the Arab world is having protests. Of course the King of Saudi Arabia has came out to remind the protesters that it's illegal to protest. That one could be very interesting.

Most of that region is either classified as Middle East, North Africa, or HOA. All three are very different. I also just saw that everyone's fears are coming true and now the crown jewel of the Arab world is having protests. Of course the King of Saudi Arabia has came out to remind the protesters that it's illegal to protest. That one could be very interesting.

The police also opened fire on the protesters.. Why any western country does business with these sick bastards is beyond me..

In order to replace the gallon of gas you just purchased, a new gallon must be refined from crude oil, which must be paid for at current rates. Even if you replace that gallon of gas at the pump with a gallon that was purchased/refined/shipped to a storage tank a year ago, now that storage tank has one less gallon in it. Which in turn must be replaced. At current market value. Do you expect Shell to absorb that margin, or do you think they will pass it on to you at the pump?

So oil prices are instantly relayed to the pump. Neat. Never knew markets could be that efficient. :cool:

Almost instantly, yes. Which is why pump prices fluctuate so constantly and rapidly.

That's impressive for such a massive supply chain. Strange that no other consumer product fluctuates like that tho, huh? Either way, can I subscribe to your newsletter on economics?