Ontopic There is something interesting going on in the Middle East

Is it 100x more efficient? I doubt it, which means it fails too.

Not so much more efficient from what I've read. It's just that it grows very easily, anywhere, and doesn't fuck your engine up like corn ethanol.

To say nothing of the fact that the gov still subsidizes the corn industry, so it get's bought up for ethanol, and then drives up the price for every other use. All the while still paying a bunch of corn growers NOT TO GROW FUCKING CORN TO MAINTAIN THE PRICE.

Not so much more efficient from what I've read. It's just that it grows very easily, anywhere, and doesn't fuck your engine up like corn ethanol.

To say nothing of the fact that the gov still subsidizes the corn industry, so it get's bought up for ethanol, and then drives up the price for every other use. All the while still paying a bunch of corn growers NOT TO GROW FUCKING CORN TO MAINTAIN THE PRICE.
Well then, that makes it just as useless for the entire country.

You sure that really happens? Reading The Omnivore's Dilema right now, and it hasn't come up yet... The excess corn we give away free to third world countries.

Well then, that makes it just as useless for the entire country.

You sure that really happens? Reading The Omnivore's Dilema right now, and it hasn't come up yet... The excess corn we give away free to third world countries.

Thats supposedly the problem. The corn industry grows what they've always grown because the gov takes care of all that to keep the pre-ethanol bullshit type stuff constant. They never changed anything to account for the fact that corn growers can sell a bunch of their crop for ethanol at a pretty price too.

Thats supposedly the problem. The corn industry grows what they've always grown because the gov takes care of all that to keep the pre-ethanol bullshit type stuff constant. They never changed anything to account for the fact that corn growers can sell a bunch of their crop for ethanol at a pretty price too.

No they can't. It all goes on the same market, #2 feed corn. And the farmers only grow corn and soybeans because they don't have any other choice anymore. They have literally been enslaved by Cargill and Monsanto.

Well if every product on the damn shelf at the store didn't have corn in it.......

Interesting quote from The Omnivore's Dilemma: Nature will find a way to consume an excess biomass.

We have no choice but to put corn into everything, its soooooooo cheap. But yes, I agree that subsidies should end - but they never will as long as Cargill exists...