Ontopic There is something interesting going on in the Middle East

Is it?

Oil rich nations with the richest dictators in the world while the people starve... What do they need more?

You should check out a book called Democracy in Translation. It's an exercise at getting perspective on Democracy outside of what we are told Democracy is from our traditions (a la Robert Dahl, Joseph Schumpeter, etc). The author goes to places like Senegal to ask people on the ground what Democracy means to them. It's very different from what we think it is. The point of the book is that people of various cultural and religious backgrounds will manifest Democracy differently, or not at all. Those people probably need other answers.

I am actually excited to see how the so called Bush haters will react when this administration does the exact same thing. It is like you said it is the most important thing to us and it doesn't matter who is in power the end result will be th same.

I want to see how the same Bush haters react to Obama having a war on a third front. Which is exactly what it will be if he goes a head with a no fly zone over Libya especially if there is no U.N. approval.

I'm still waiting for the same kind of main stream media coverage of gas prices that Bush had in 2008.

I want to see how the same Bush haters react to Obama having a war on a third front. Which is exactly what it will be if he goes a head with a no fly zone over Libya especially if there is no U.N. approval.

I'm still waiting for the same kind of main stream media coverage of gas prices that Bush had in 2008.

Jesus Christ man. It was the fucking LEADING story on the TODAY show man. WAAAA OBAMA GETS EVERYTHING :rolleyes:

/rage

They're doing exactly what we want them to do, otherwise they wouldn't have been elected.

The laws have been altered enough that 9 out of 10 times only candidates put forward from the two major parties has a chance of being elected to any real political office.

If you look, majority of our high up political figures all came from the same exact colleges and social circles.