Ontopic There is something interesting going on in the Middle East

ay least you can admit its overhyped bullshit opinion pieces then instead of unbiased real journalism.

Omg the bird flu will kill us all!!!!! More on that at ten. And for the next three months.

It's stuff like this that we have to worry about with that region being so unstable right now. If Egypt's government hadn't toppled Iran wouldn't have tried to do something like this.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/22/israel-on-high-alert-as-iran-warships-enter-med/

Israel on high alert as Iran warships enter Med

he Iranian vessels entered the southeastern Mediterranean after going up the canal for the first time since the 1979 Islamic Revolution, reportedly en route for Syria, in a move taking them past Israeli territorial waters.

Suez Canal officials confirmed the patrol frigate Alvand and support ship Kharg had completed the crossing after entering the narrow waterway at dawn.

A senior Israeli security source told AFP Israel would "not initiate any action" against the Iranian vessels, but if the Iranians deviated in any way that could be considered "a provocation" there would be an "immediate Israeli response."

"We are talking about an unprecedented Iranian military presence in the Mediterranean, and that is a provocation to which the international community must react firmly," foreign ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor told AFP earlier on Tuesday.

On Sunday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu denounced the ships' arrival in the region as an Iranian power play, just days after his Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, branded their voyage "a provocation."

Last edited:
nothing will happen there. iran knows we'd be in their shit in seconds being that we're already right next door in iraq, kuwait and qatar

nothing will happen there. iran knows we'd be in their shit in seconds being that we're already right next door in iraq, kuwait and qatar

I'm more worried about Israel framing Iran as an excuse for war. I can totally see Israel using it as an excuse to seize the Suez Canal. They can say they should regulate it while Egypt is weak. The Egyptians haven't historically been very friendly to Israel about it.

I'm more worried about Israel framing Iran as an excuse for war. I can totally see Israel using it as an excuse to seize the Suez Canal. They can say they should regulate it while Egypt is weak. The Egyptians haven't historically been very friendly to Israel about it.

iirc, Iran has the 3rd largest standing army, and its not they are tech slouches. Not sure I'd wanna fuck with them.

Historically, Israel isn't that old to be talking about it 'historically'.

Ok, lets just go back to when every one in the middle east attacked a young new nation... And that nation pushed them all back to egypt and took the entire penisula...

Iraq had the largest standing army our first go around with them... And iraq was the most advanced nation in the area by far.

You've obviously never seen Iran's motocross special forces with rpgs.

iran_motorbike.jpg