Ontopic There is something interesting going on in the Middle East

I wonder if some outside party/government is helping stir the unrest in the middle east but then you have ask the question of who benefits the most with these regime changes. Muslim Brotherhood?

Bahrain and Libya should be crossed off anyone's list of vacation spots for the next few weeks.

Things like this are not good.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/20/palestinians-day-rage-us-veto

Last edited:
So, looks like Libya is going to fall now too.

It's interesting that in all the attempts to demonize Isreal as the problem with the region, the people actually realize it's just corruption in their leaders.

I'm curious if radical islamics will find a foothold in all this mess, or if a more sane and rational middle east will arise.

So, looks like Libya is going to fall now too.

It's interesting that in all the attempts to demonize Isreal as the problem with the region, the people actually realize it's just corruption in their leaders.

I'm curious if radical islamics will find a foothold in all this mess, or if a more sane and rational middle east will arise.

Uhhh, this doesn't mean that Israel isn't an asshole. At all.

Uhhh, this doesn't mean that Israel isn't an asshole. At all.

No. I agree. But the problems at home in Egypt, Libya, etc have all been blamed on Isreal. Same vein as Hitler putting all of Germany's problems on the jews in the mid to late 30's.

Not saying Isreal isn't a country run by some serious dicks, but people don't seem to be buying into the entire shift-the-blame rhetoric anymore.

We could be in worse trouble than before because the nice guys typically aren't ruthless enough to hold power in a new government. It's the most ruthless aholes with money and might that come out on top and not warm fuzzy ideas. Either way the US has backed the wrong person several times over there and whatever governments end up in power they won't like us. We're going from a bad guy we know and somewhat got along with to a whole different pissed off regime.

Most likely the new governments will be anti-Israelali and we just pissed off a whole bunch of people by standing up for Israel in just the past few days. Including our so called "allies"

In rare show of criticism of its ally, Saudi Arabia expresses 'regret' over U.S. vote regarding resolution that described settlements as 'illegal.
http://www.haaretz.com/news/interna...un-resolution-on-israeli-settlements-1.344803

On top of us vetoing something which we should have shut up about we do dumb shit like letting CIA men getting caught. Israel must have had something major on US for us to back them on that vote during these crazy times.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/21/pakistan-intelligence-says-us-gunman-is-cia/

Last edited:
these dictators they're toppling have been in power for 30-40 years... richest men in the world while their people live in brick boxes and ride camels around. was just a matter of time before this all went down.

a persian guy from iran i used to work with used to always tell me the youth see through it all and there will be changes and revolutions in the near future. that was over 5 years ago but it's starting to come true...

If the middle east governments were smart they would just give out free game systems and games. Half the protesters would be too busy trying to get achievements to organize.