Ontopic There is something interesting going on in the Middle East

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,706
First was the protests in Egypt which caused the ousting of their leader and now there are other protests popping up all over the region.

Bahrain: protesters take control of main square

IRAN: Thousands of defiant Iranian opposition supporters in Tehran staged what they said was a rally supporting Arab revolts as riot police fired tear gas and paint balls to disperse them, witnesses and opposition websites said.

LIBYA: Facebook groups numbering several hundred members have called for demonstrations to mark a "day of rage" in Libya on February 17 modelled on similar protests in other Arab countries.

MOROCCO: Prime Minister Abbas El Fassi was to meet the opposition to discuss parliamentary polls, with the impact of the uprisings in Egypt and Tunisia weighing heavily on the talks.

YEMEN: Pro-democracy protesters clashed violently with police and supporters of President Ali Abdullah Saleh, with clashes also reported in Taez south of the capital, where thousands of people joined anti-Saleh demonstrations.

stayed up late as hell talking to a friend in my building from cyprus about this stuff. shit is getting pretty crazy

Israel will be the first to launch nukes if it eventually heads that direction.

I'm stock piling Rad-X.

I think that's were alot of concern is. If things boil over region wide there is a high potential someone might take advantage of it against Israel. I know that was a major concern with the Egypt issue.

Israel is very aggressive and paranoid. I hate the way the US just jumps to their aid without stopping to ask if Israel is in the right sometimes.

They have totally mishandled the off shore Gaza aid.

Israel is very aggressive and paranoid. I hate the way the US just jumps to their aid without stopping to ask if Israel is in the right sometimes.

They have totally mishandled the off shore Gaza aid.

It has nothing to do with being in the right it's us just trying to keep the peace in the region so oil doesn't go crazy high. We could honestly care less if that whole region wiped each other out.

People are sick of being pushed around. they hate america because we always psh them around, now they have figured out what we do pales in comparison ro the amount of shit they get from their governments. I applaud the peoples efforts. Am quite jealous actually, it's the type of thing america was founded on but is now to lazy to do.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
People are sick of being pushed around. they hate america because we always psh them around, now they have figured out what we do pales in comparison ro the amount of shit they get from their governments. I applaud the peoples efforts. Am quite jealous actually, it's the type of thing america was founded on but is now to lazy to do.

I can see there being a few more theocracies once the dust settled. That's not going to be good news for anyone.

hopefully you're not right. this seems to largely be a youth revolt across the whole area and it appears they want things to be secular.

finally.

It makes me think of all the revolutions that happened around the time of the French Revolution. The people in power are always nervous when they see their counter parts over thrown by the citizens.

It makes me think of all the revolutions that happened around the time of the French Revolution. The people in power are always nervous when they see their counter parts over thrown by the citizens.

If they weren't corrupt asshats, then they'd have nothing to worry about..

I think that's were alot of concern is. If things boil over region wide there is a high potential someone might take advantage of it against Israel. I know that was a major concern with the Egypt issue.
Honestly I think it's fucking ridiculous that we still pander to this Israeli BS. An entire region of the world is fucked because of like 300k people. Fuck em. Get them out, send them to Australia. Just move them to somewhere else FFS and everyone will be much happier for it. Religious idiots.

[views may be slightly extreme]