Ontopic There is something interesting going on in the Middle East

Non-ethanol biofuels. Stop exporting food products that can be used for it, stop banning the import of the diesel vehicles the rest of the world can buy.

Smack people in the head that don't like diesel cars.

Failing that, I like steam power......

Diesel kicks some butt fo sho.

Did you know it's illegal to sell diesel passenger vehicles in Maine? :waw:

Diesel kicks some butt fo sho.

Did you know it's illegal to sell diesel passenger vehicles in Maine? :waw:

Maine, California, Mass, VT, New York, CT, and I think NJ all do that, has to be used with 7500 miles or something like that. (People with that kind of money actually pay people to do that for new cars so they can bring them home)

Though one of the new MB's was supposedly ok in MA, the Bluetec E class, I'll have to look that up.

Maine, California, Mass, VT, New York, CT, and I think NJ all do that, has to be used with 7500 miles or something like that. (People with that kind of money actually pay people to do that for new cars so they can bring them home)

Though one of the new MB's was supposedly ok in MA, the Bluetec E class, I'll have to look that up.

We had a driver in Italy with a Lancia Delta. IT got 70mpg on the highway.

You can't by anything like that over here. :case:

Non-ethanol biofuels. Stop exporting food products that can be used for it, stop banning the import of the diesel vehicles the rest of the world can buy.

Smack people in the head that don't like diesel cars.

Failing that, I like steam power......

Corn is pretty efficient to grow. Its one of the reasons why its our main crop. The entire Midwest couldn't keep the city of Los Angeles afloat in biofuel, according to the book Collapse. Won't work my friend.

There's no viable alternative to gas right now.

Hybrids have the toxic batteries that have to wind up somewhere.

Plugins get their juice from somewhere, usually not a clean energy source.

Hydrogen isn't ready to go.

Nat gas? same deal, no one can be bothered.

Thats exactly right. So we cant fucking get away from oil.

Corn is pretty efficient to grow. Its one of the reasons why its our main crop. The entire Midwest couldn't keep the city of Los Angeles afloat in biofuel, according to the book Collapse. Won't work my friend.

It's not the most efficient for biofuel IIRC, and corn ethanol ruins engines anyway.

Part of my budget proposal includes hastening California's plunge into the ocean, so that's not a concern of mine.

Subgum ethanol > Corn ethanol.

The Chinese have a clue about this that we don't for some reason lobbyist induced reason. :rolleyes: