There is NOTHING Like a Stiff...

:lol: I love the disclaimer at the end.

As strange as this may sound, these little critters have actually served an historical purpose. Shepherds often kept the goats in with their flocks as insurance in case of predator attacks. The theory went something like this- as wolves would come down from the hills to attack a flock of sheep, the goats would become startled and, as per the name of their breed, they would faint. The sheep would make a clean getaway, as the wolves would focus on the stunned goats rather than pursue the fleeing sheep. Not that wonderful if you were one of the goats, sure, but downright dandy if you happened to be a sheep.

This breed has several names- the most common are Myotonic, Tennessee Fainting, Nervous, and Scare goats. The names refer specifically to myotonia congenita, a condition in which the muscle cells experience prolonged contraction when the goat is startled. The transitory stiffness associated with these contractions can cause the goat to stop moving, stiffen, and even fall down. This is not a true faint, but a muscular phenomenon unrelated to the nervous system. The actual degree of stiffness may vary widely from goat to goat and is based on a number of factors, including age, species purity, and degree of fright.

I was expecting goat strangely enough o_0

My aunt has a couple of those, they are hilarious.

Sarcasmo said:
:lol: I love the disclaimer at the end.

. The actual degree of stiffness may vary widely from goat to goat and is based on a number of factors, including age, species purity, and degree of fright. [/i]

That is flipping hot.

FlamingGlory said:
I was expecting goat strangely enough o_0

My aunt has a couple of those, they are hilarious.

Where does your aunt live? Would she mind if I stopped by for a few minutes?

goatkiss3fs.gif

lol, I've seen something on that type of goat before...funny shit
and that host, Tim Green, used to be an Atlanta Falcon :cool:

wr3kt said:
"They're very intelligent"

IT'S A GOAT
Goats are stupid. All of them.

I giggled at that point. The lady doesn't seem all that intelligent...

She named one of the goats... J.Lo!