WTF The WTF News story thread

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,113
Please post your daily fucked up news stories here

http://www.businessinsider.in/Walma...-Its-Needy-Employees/articleshow/25999940.cms

'A Cleveland Walmart store is holding a food drive - for its own employees.

"Please donate food items so associates in need can enjoy Thanksgiving dinner," reads a sign accompanied by several plastic bins.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer first reported on the food drive, which has sparked outrage in the area.

"That Walmart would have the audacity to ask low-wage workers to donate food to other low-wage workers - to me, it is a moral outrage," Norma Mills, a customer at the store, told the Plain Dealer.

A company spokesman defended the food drive, telling the Plain Dealer that it is evidence that employees care about each other.

Wal-Mart has been criticized for paying low wages to its 2.2 million employees.

Last week, 50 people were arrested after protesting the retailer's pay at a store in Los Angeles.

Wal-Mart turned a profit of $15.7 billion last year. '

Am aware this story is not from today but still - Fuck Walmart

Please post your daily fucked up news stories here

http://www.businessinsider.in/Walma...-Its-Needy-Employees/articleshow/25999940.cms

'A Cleveland Walmart store is holding a food drive - for its own employees.

"Please donate food items so associates in need can enjoy Thanksgiving dinner," reads a sign accompanied by several plastic bins.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer first reported on the food drive, which has sparked outrage in the area.

"That Walmart would have the audacity to ask low-wage workers to donate food to other low-wage workers - to me, it is a moral outrage," Norma Mills, a customer at the store, told the Plain Dealer.

A company spokesman defended the food drive, telling the Plain Dealer that it is evidence that employees care about each other.

Wal-Mart has been criticized for paying low wages to its 2.2 million employees.

Last week, 50 people were arrested after protesting the retailer's pay at a store in Los Angeles.

Wal-Mart turned a profit of $15.7 billion last year. '

Am aware this story is not from today but still - Fuck Walmart

I live in Cleveland. This was all over the news here a few weeks ago.

Nice - did they ever do the right thing and just give their fuckin employees a bonus or some food :confused:

Not that I know of. A corporate retail place like that? I doubt there is any type of bonuses. I worked for a few retail chains while going through college. At all of them all we got was a Christmas party. Along with a Christmas party Burlington Coat Factory gave us a week where anything in the store was an additional 20% off for employees. I guess that was the closest thing to a bonus I ever received working for a retail chain.

Jesus Christ. Her hands swelled up to 3x the size and then popped. They stated it as the skin split.