The Wonders of Management

DirkPhoenix

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Austin, Land of pot and...pot
www.jesustomars.com
Marklar
₥0
After almost a full year has passed since one of our coworkers left, leaving me as then only person who knows the current system. Now this system has become the centerpiece of quite a few offshoot programs with goofy acronyms. CATS, JTRS, and LongShot.

Now since I am the only one who knows how it works, i'm pretty much involved in all of these programs. So it would make sense that their schedules represent that the critical path goes right through me.

CATS - Started 5/20, fully functional version by 6/6
JTRS - Started 5/23, fully functional version by 6/13
LongShot - Started 5/31, fully functional version by 6/6

Now class, who here can point to the moment at which Dirk got fucked?

Post your memorable manager moments. :fly46:

i got an email from my boss tuesday after being on vacation for a couple weeks:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 7:38 AM
To: Mike (THIS IS ME)
Subject: Re: still missing jobcard for 5/20

That would explain it
Thanks

Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 6:38 AM
To: Ken (THIS IS THE BOSSMAN)
Subject: Re: still missing jobcard for 5/20

i wasnt here on 5/20...

Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2005 4:21 PM
To: Mike (THIS IS ME)
Subject: still missing jobcard for 5/20

there are three people he "supervises"...

I may be in management soon...applying for a director spot that I have a good chance of getting

why_ask_why said:
I may be in management soon...applying for a director spot that I have a good chance of getting

I thought you were a manager already.

theacoustician said:

yup...director of legal...I've already greased the wheels and discussed it with the vp of legal and she was very receptive to the idea and encouraged me to apply

keep this under your hat though...it's not common knowledge

why_ask_why said:
yup...director of legal...I've already greased the wheels and discussed it with the vp of legal and she was very receptive to the idea and encouraged me to apply

keep this under your hat though...it's not common knowledge
no prob. directing what in legal exactly? being in charge of all the admins and the like?

theacoustician said:
no prob. directing what in legal exactly? being in charge of all the admins and the like?

yar, director of operations...would put me close to 6 figures too :drool:
omg I'll cream my pants if I get this job :D

why_ask_why said:
yar, director of operations...would put me close to 6 figures too :drool:
omg I'll cream my pants if I get this job :D

Six figures? I barely make 5...:(

Last year the person who I report to changed to someone off-site...however my former boss keeps requesting things from me like I still work for her.

What's more, she requests stuff from me but never knows anything about the details.

Her: "We have a big project coming through, big, HUGE, it's going to be a big big deal on our site, it's really something I'm going to need your attention on this project, it's really a big job."

Me: "Well...okay...what is it?"

Her: "It's a big project. It's going to go here on our site. Here. Right here. BIG project."

Me: "WHAT....IS....IT?"

Her: "It's this big project, users are going to come to the site JUST for this."

And so on...and she never runs these projects by my new boss which I've repeatedly scolded her for. It's like I'm doing twice the work and getting half the recognition! Argh!