Thread The Wheel of Peyton Manning...turn...turn...turn...

What Will Peyton Do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They gave him the choice between Jax and the Jets and he picked NY.

Such a fumb ducking move. "Gee, let's see, I can go to a place where I'd be lauded as a hero and would fill seats and win more games and help a team make the playoffs for the first time since I was born, or I can go to a place where I'll sit for 3 years, be hated forever, and have my teammates spit on my gear in the locker room. I'll go to NY!"

I'm sure he's already thinking he'll do what he did last year and oust the starters in front of him

uDarJ.jpg

The report that he got to choose was wrong. A rare misstep by Adam Schefter.

Actually it came out to be true. There is a nasty story now where Tebow got caught in a straight lie during his first NY press conference. He is trying to make it where he's a good guy and didn't turn down Jax.

You would figure he would love being nearer to his alma mater.

There are some more stories leaking from sources inside the Broncos that are saying it's not him but the people he surrounds himself there. I guess there have been problems from the start with them being more concerned with stuff outside of football than football. That is a main reason they never had confidence he would improve on his skills because they were always more concerned with other items. The thought that's coming out is NY is a bigger stage for his life outside of football and the reason he "lied" about not having any input into the trade was because his team want's to keep Jax as an option if NY fails. They only reason Den even put him in was because of the massive pressure they were receiving from his fans. The bill boards, the picketing at Dove Valley, etc. There was no way to really win long term with him. If he played crappy and lost they were screaming to give him another chance and if you played someone else they would push for you head. This was a perfect way for Elway and Fox to get out of a situation they didn't pick without losing their jobs. It's easier for people to swallow that he lost his job to Manning. The interesting part would have been if we didn't get Manning and Tebow was beat out in camp by a lesser named QB. Hell leaving training camp last year Tebow would have been cut if he wasn't Tebow. He was border line 4th string.