Advice The Weshley Forevaaar Thrad

About a week is good for me.
That's a 9 to 5 home alone week though.
I know how to get the wife and kids out but they always get back in.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
The band is dropping in on a lakefront steakhouse tonight during open mic as an audition. Tonight I won't be lonely.

Just as an aside, I spent the last half hour freaking out. The Mrs hadnt called in 4 days. Mindanao is under Martial Law.
So I thought quick- called my sis and said "did wife post on Facebook since Wednesday?"
NO!
Got lucky, she answered my sis on Facebook messenger immediately and called me shortly.

We have a one way VOIP line I set up, it can't get incoming calls we are Cheap Jew Filipino Family.
Hey...$9 per month international calls!

The band is dropping in on a lakefront steakhouse tonight during open mic as an audition. Tonight I won't be lonely.

Just as an aside, I spent the last half hour freaking out. The Mrs hadnt called in 4 days. Mindanao is under Martial Law.
So I thought quick- called my sis and said "did wife post on Facebook since Wednesday?"
NO!
Got lucky, she answered my sis on Facebook messenger immediately and called me shortly.

We have a one way VOIP line I set up, it can't get incoming calls we are Cheap Jew Filipino Family.
Is there no wifi for her phone to use? :wtf:

NO!

We use whatsapp for all our long distance calls
Everyone in South America uses whatsapp

I try to use it over my wifi as much as I can
But it's hella cheap

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
I haven't been alone in such a long time

In the summer my son goes to his dads every other week... for the whole week!
If I'm at my BFs house, he goes to the office and I'm nice and alone there
Or
If I'm home I'm alone here
I love it and I'm so used to it.

During school he's at his dads every weekend and I only see my BF every other weekend as he have his kids
So I enjoy that time alone

giphy.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Ledboots

NO!

Get two cans and a really long string, Nukes.

Is there no wifi for her phone to use? :wtf:
The Vumber app is only useful to a degree. It's ported to my cell here in USA.
I loaded it onto a cell with no SIM that's over in Philippines. All incoming Vumber calls come to the cell it's originally ported to, through that actual cell number.
To me it was an amazing hack to get the fucker to work at all making even one way international calls from that shit phone to any US phone.
Course I'm not working in tech like you guys do, I impress myself easily :)

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Strings
I loaded it onto a cell with no SIM that's over in Philippines. All incoming Vumber calls come to the cell it's originally ported to, through that actual cell number.
To me it was an amazing hack to get the fucker to work at all making even one way international calls from that shit phone to any US phone.

giphy.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and APRIL
Starting thursday, I get the house to myself for a week! I love alone time. I love it when she's there, don't get me wrong, but as an introvert, I love alone time. I did it for 3 years and it was awesome. But the Doc is going to Puerto Vallarta for a week with her best friend. That's their Graduation present to themselves. The worst part about it is that I need to drive to LAX on a Thursday morning. the traffic on the way there shouldn't be terrible, but once we get there it's going to be a nightmare. Then it's going to take 2 1/3 hours to go the 35 miles to get home. Ugh. I fucking HATE LA.

Dunno if it meets your international needs, but theres also Burner, which is cheaper

https://app.burnerapp.com/premium-3

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
it takes a bit of setup, but you have to tell it to "ring hangouts" . the new interface, in classic google fashion, removed about half the features, so you have to set that up in the legacy interface.

Then you just install hangouts dialer on the phone, and your phone ends up as a full voip phone that works on wifi, with a real phone #

it takes a bit of setup, but you have to tell it to "ring hangouts" . the new interface, in classic google fashion, removed about half the features, so you have to set that up in the legacy interface.

Then you just install hangouts dialer on the phone, and your phone ends up as a full voip phone that works on wifi, with a real phone #
Or just use hangouts directly. Or WhatsApp.

• Gravy
Reactions: helenabear

Never thought of hangouts since I never used it, thanks for the tips!