The Watchmen: Worst film ever

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,422
Last night was my worst date night ever. It was so bad that on the way home I was laughing.

I was really excited when I got a text at work saying that my boyfriend was taking me to dinner and the cinema. I wanted to go to a nice little French restaurant but we arrived in town and it's closed on Mondays for some reason. So across the road we went to a Pizza Express restaurant. Had a bad experience there with pizzas that tasted of bread with salt on (who thought a pizza with olives, anchovies and capers was a good idea?). The wait staff freaked us out, half of them refused to acknowledge us and the other half were sickeningly chatty even though we weren't responding. Even though there were only 5 tables in the whole place and 3 wait staff it still took them a whole 20 minutes to bring us our check. :wtf: Out patience was wearing thin so we left for the cinema.

Arrived at the cinema, great, it's a little independant cinema run in the old school style where the popcorn is cheap, the little bar has 30 year old carpet and is also awesomely cheap etc. Then we sat down to see The Watchmen. I don't know if anybody has seen it, I'd like to know if anybody else thought it was terrible. I read the graphic novel years ago so I was quite looking forward to seeing what they did with the film. Fuck me I was bored, 3 whole hours of my life were wasted on a very poorly constructed, barely coherent movie. It's like they shot everything then forgot to edit it all, how did they manage to watch it back and not realise it was terrible?

We missed out last bus, ended up walking 30 minutes into town to get another bus. Got home and I was reminded that I gave up smoking yesterday. The only one saving grace is that even though I was in a fairly bad mood I didn't smoke.

Cheer me up with tales of your worst date ever!

:heart:

I think I've been to that theatre... Bars in theatres = crazy good.

NEVER BEEN ON A DATE

Hopefully X-Men will be worth seeing.

Well I wouldn't say it was 'a date' because we've been living together for 2 years now, but it makes it more exciting that way.

I went on a date with a guy from Massachuchets (sp) once, that was pretty awkward. We went to dinner and he wasn't hungry so he sat and stared at me while I was trying to eat spaghetti. Bit weird.

I remember you telling me about that I think.

Either way, I've been shopping, but never actually something that wasnt essential.

I didnt realize how late it was been falling asleep ><

I think I remember you telling me about a date with some american. So it happened before I even met you.

As for dates, I've been out shopping, but never anything just for fun there was always some essential purpose.

Oh shit I looked at the clock and it's later than I thought because time is all fucked in my head?

I meant more that shopping doesnt constitute a date. So I maintain Ive never been on one which means I fail at answering this thread except that I was interested in the philosophy of the movie in question because I read Neitsch the other summer.

Ill draw you a timeline when you get old. :p

The movie was very close to the graphic novel with only a few changes to make it fit into a movie.

The girl playing the modern Silk Specter had nice tits.

Yeah....when her tits were 16 year old like in that film :wtf:

Sadly, I don't think she ever looked better than she did in 'Herbie the love bug'. Right before she turned from Lohan to Lo Pan.

Well, maybe how she looked in 'the parent trap' :drool: