The Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that was a much much more intensive war and we're still outspending it by a good bit

Iraq is a much more expensive war in terms of us trying to use equipment and tech in place of boots. Yes, we save a lot of soldiers lives, but it costs more to run with.

Quite honestly, I'm not entirely sure what Bush has done so horribly wrong.

He's kinda fun to pick on though.

From my perspective:

1) Sign McCain-Feingold Bill

2) Massive new entitlement (prescription drugs)

3) Wanting amnesty for Illegal aliens

4) Not clearing stating clearly what resuming hostilities in Iraq. (Cutting off the head of the snake Terrorism (Iran))

5) Giving the Treasury Secretary practicely unlimited power over the U.S. economy.

6) Massive Spending

7) There is more but these are the ones that come to the top of my head.

troop deployment iraq - 130,000 per year avg
troop deployment vietnam - peaked at 537,377 in 1968

yet lyndon still managed to spend significantly less and that chart accounts for inflation so don't give me that .30 gas BS :p

troop deployment iraq - 130,000 per year avg
troop deployment vietnam - peaked at 537,377 in 1968

yet lyndon still managed to spend significantly less and that chart accounts for inflation so don't give me that .30 gas BS :p

Inflation covers the differences in gas perhaps, but it doesn't account for the fact that producing a tank in the Vietnam era would cost substantially less than one with current tech due to the how much more complex the things are these days.

Inflation covers the differences in gas perhaps, but it doesn't account for the fact that producing a tank in the Vietnam era would cost substantially less than one with current tech due to the how much more complex the things are these days.
look up. it's in percent increase. total cost doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.