The Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to be very narrow minded to support McCain. It's unfortunate, as I am really impressed by McCain. Not Candidate McCain, however.

Keep in mind I've been a registered Conservative for 7 years, I am going to the Army in 2 years time irrespective of the environment and I am a member of the Taxpayers Alliance. I'm pointing this out because realistically I should be Conservative to the backbone, yet there was no question that Obama was the better candidate.

There's a bigger picture here, and you seem to be completely missing it. It's a shame, as you're a smart lad but you seem to prefer using ROLLEYES or TARD smilies, which makes you come off as ignorant rather than actually defend why you think everyone is stupid that they supported Obama.

Obama is a fantastic candidate for this time - The Economist backed MCCAIN up until 2 weeks ago. Fervantly, then they switched their alliance to Obama with huge articles as to why they'd changed their mind. I'm not one to follow, I thought for myself, and although I don't vote there your President has a huge impact on us.

Change seems trite. Obama represents a different streak however, and this is the beginning of something good. He now has to look forward to reelection in 4 years in an inherently Conservative country. Do you think he's going to be ultra Liberal? Of course he's fucking not.

I am a student now, maybe one day I'll earn over $250,000. But for now, I don't. It's also too volatile to suggest that I will. I think about now, and what I currently face, not what ideologically drives me to believe that I must get a tax cut of nominal value while inflation is sprilaling out of control, so my money goes nowhere anyway.

I forget, which state are you registered in again?

I forget, which state are you registered in again?

Yeah, I pointed that out in my post.

Good at addressing the post though! It must be so easy to influence you. I can imagine how easy it was then for you to make your choice of religion to worship. What, did they look like good Republicans when they rapped your door? Say something about queers and spear chuckers?

Last edited:
You have to be very narrow minded to support McCain. It's unfortunate, as I am really impressed by McCain. Not Candidate McCain, however.

I disagree. I would have wholeheartedly voted for McCain, until he selected Palin. Before that, he was the lesser of two douches.

imo smarter man = better man when it comes to the presidency...we've seen what a colossal assfuck putting a "common joe" type in office can be

This is going to drive you all insane, but I'll say it anyway: Bush did the best he could with the raw set of events and circumstances he was handed. Yeah, he's stupid. Yeah, he screwed the pooch a few times, but could the other candidates available in 2000 or 2004 have really done any better?

The only difference between Bush and Clinton is that the media and people liked Clinton.

Quite honestly, I'm not entirely sure what Bush has done so horribly wrong.

He's kinda fun to pick on though.

The only thing I'm really disfavored with Bush over is the war in Iraq, which is a double-edged sword all on it's own.

It is fun to ask ultra-core-liberals why they hate Bush so much and watch them squirm while they toss out "Katrina", "9/11", "terists", and "he foreclosed on my house!".

This is going to drive you all insane, but I'll say it anyway: Bush did the best he could with the raw set of events and circumstances he was handed. Yeah, he's stupid. Yeah, he screwed the pooch a few times, but could the other candidates available in 2000 or 2004 have really done any better?

The only difference between Bush and Clinton is that the media and people liked Clinton.

clinton was a rhodes scholar and is VASTLY more intelligent...there is no comparing the two on any sort of level playing field...GHW Bush was a rhodes scholar as well...how did the apple fall so far from the tree??

I disagree. I would have wholeheartedly voted for McCain, until he selected Palin. Before that, he was the lesser of two douches.

I liked his stance on free trade, but don't you think he sold himself to the same venomous crew who got Bush elected rather than be himself?

This is the same guy who called the Evangelicals "Agents of Intolerance". I liked McCain then, I still do. I hope he goes back to the same.

Compassionate Conservatism-cum-Protectionism-cum-Evangelical favouritism and Cronyism.

I don't hate Bush either, but I can see why he is disliked. The world all loves Obama now, but give it time. He's American after all.

here's one for starters

BushBigSpender.jpg

clinton was a rhodes scholar and is VASTLY more intelligent...there is no comparing the two on any sort of level playing field...GHW Bush was a rhodes scholar as well...how did the apple fall so far from the tree??

Clinton was just a much better public speaker. The man could have shot a hooker on the white house porch with TV cameras rolling and talked his way out of it.

Last edited:

At first I thought Palin was a spectacular choice.

Of course, that was before I knew anything about her. :fly:

The more I look at it, the more I believe McCain was meant to be the sacrificial lamb this time around, but to Hillary.

When things were looking like they were really close (And in the end, only 5% of the popular vote - still pretty close IMO) the RNC put Palin on the ticket to ensure the loss.

The only thing I'm really disfavored with Bush over is the war in Iraq, which is a double-edged sword all on it's own.

It is fun to ask ultra-core-liberals why they hate Bush so much and watch them squirm while they toss out "Katrina", "9/11", "terists", and "he foreclosed on my house!".

Exactly, the war is my only real beef - and that's largely responsible for the increased spending.

No matter. Life goes on.

I burnt my tongue on my coffee this morning, it's obviously Obama's fault.

Exactly, the war is my only real beef - and that's largely responsible for the increased spending.

No matter. Life goes on.

I burnt my tongue on my coffee this morning, it's obviously Obama's fault.

Do not fret your tongue burn, government run medical care is on the way and will be available to treat you in 6 to 8 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.