The Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and dollars to donuts you don't make over 200k knyte so you're really getting upset that your taxes might be lowered??

actually you probably pay more % wise...warren buffett has railed against that because his secretary pays more % than he does when she makes crumbs next to him

So....I'm a little unclear if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me here.

and dollars to donuts you don't make over 200k knyte so you're really getting upset that your taxes might be lowered??

*yawn*

Must be nice to make over $250k a year.

:lol:

Please tell me you aren't this naive, he and his campaign have already made statements lowering their famed "$250,000" down to around $100k, and like a limbo bar it's only going to go lower. We (us, everyone) are going to get stuck with the bill.

And while I don't make $250k/year NOW, I certainly hope to SOMEDAY.

Last edited:

Please tell me you aren't this naive, he and his campaign have already made statements lowering their famed "$250,000" down to around $100k, and like a limbo bar it's only going to go lower.

And while I don't make $250k/year NOW, I certainly hope to SOMEDAY.

expound on that...what is the whole country missing that you seem to get?

So in the mean time you'd rather pay MORE tax until you hit this golden fleece in a time of recession?

I don't get it either...I think he's perma-blinded by party lines

That is fantastic, coming from you. The only difference between you and I is that our chosen issues are different, you've adamantly defended Obama/the democratic party 1,000 times harder than I've EVER defended Mccain (who I've never been in favor of, just against Obama).

You're so quick to spout off how ultra-conservative and blinded by parties lines I am when I voted AGAINST the gay marriage ban in AZ.

Last edited:

That is fantastic, coming from you. The only difference between you and I is that our chosen issues are different, you've adamantly defended Obama/the democratic party 1,000 times harder than I've EVER defended Mccain (who I've never been in favor of, just against Obama).

I vote purely for the better and smarter man. Period. End of story. I could care less about the parties.

And in case you hadn't noticed, the democrats are the new fiscal conservatives while the reps have gone the polar opposite direction. I used to be a rep because of their former ideology but no longer.

On the plus side, McCain's concession speech was classy and graceful. It too bad he didn't run his whole campaign with as much class. Of course, the hateful pricks in the audience who booed loudly wouldn't have stood for that.

On the plus side, McCain's concession speech was classy and graceful. It too bad he didn't run his whole campaign with as much class. Of course, the hateful pricks in the audience who booed loudly wouldn't have stood for that.

I think he did a great job also

You have to be very narrow minded to support McCain. It's unfortunate, as I am really impressed by McCain. Not Candidate McCain, however.

Keep in mind I've been a registered Conservative for 7 years, I am going to the Army in 2 years time irrespective of the environment and I am a member of the Taxpayers Alliance. I'm pointing this out because realistically I should be Conservative to the backbone, yet there was no question that Obama was the better candidate.

There's a bigger picture here, and you seem to be completely missing it. It's a shame, as you're a smart lad but you seem to prefer using ROLLEYES or TARD smilies, which makes you come off as ignorant rather than actually defend why you think everyone is stupid that they supported Obama.

Obama is a fantastic candidate for this time - The Economist backed MCCAIN up until 2 weeks ago. Fervantly, then they switched their alliance to Obama with huge articles as to why they'd changed their mind. I'm not one to follow, I thought for myself, and although I don't vote there your President has a huge impact on us.

Change seems trite. Obama represents a different streak however, and this is the beginning of something good. He now has to look forward to reelection in 4 years in an inherently Conservative country. Do you think he's going to be ultra Liberal? Of course he's fucking not.

I am a student now, maybe one day I'll earn over $250,000. But for now, I don't. It's also too volatile to suggest that I will. I think about now, and what I currently face, not what ideologically drives me to believe that I must get a tax cut of nominal value while inflation is sprilaling out of control, so my money goes nowhere anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.