The Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
Ok, post up here voting info links ... sample ballots ... info. on who's running in the local elections.

If you're so inclined, post if you voted, what it was like at the polling station, and how you voted.

I voted Green Party, but the Conservatives beat the Liberals again with a minority government.

Go Canada.

I vote tomorrow.

I'll be voting for Obama. I'm still not sure on who I'm voting for the Senate seat thats up. The democratic candidate is a wuss, so I may go third party.

We have two key issues on the state ballot as well.

One is to repeal a beverage tax that would add funding to the screwed up mismanaged Maine health care system called Dirigo Choice. Our dipshit governor sold off the sate run liquor industry for a block of money for a fixed amount of time so the state loses out on that money. Now he wants to increase the tax on wine, beer, and soda. Cn't have if both ways buddy.

The second is to repeal the school consolidation act. Last year the dipshit governor announced to the school district that they had to consolidate adminstrative operations. He then said to the districts "You figure it out". Thats right, he decided that the schools needed to consolidate, which is fine, but did no studies on it, and provided zero info on how best to do it. The result is a clusterfuck. So yeah, I'll be voting to over turn that mess.

my vote is for who I think will be the worst of the local candidates. Since i'm moving in a month this is my final F-You to Savannah.

I'm headed over to vote at 6 am in the morning so I can get back before Knyte has to leave for work. Hopefully it won't be too terribly crazy.

We have quite a few issues we are voting on, defining marriage is a huge issue in AZ this year, also, they want to make some changes to the schools and cracking down on people who hire illegal immigrants.

I saw a commercial on domestics to be able to see each other in the hospital. Guess it was something completely different.

I saw a commercial on domestics to be able to see each other in the hospital. Guess it was something completely different.

It's the same one. Sounds like proposition 8 in California that dbzeag made a thread about.

How do people stand in between letting people love each other (and the rights that go with it?)

Remove religion from the equation and you'll find no logical reason to forbid homosexuals from entering into an official union with another person.

But alas an obscure passage appears in an ancient book so gay people are out of luck. We are all about ancient books written by people who couldn't even explain rainfall.

Remove religion from the equation and you'll find no logical reason to forbid homosexuals from entering into an official union with another person.

But alas an obscure passage appears in an ancient book so gay people are out of luck. We are all about ancient books written by people who couldn't even explain rainfall.

What happened with that whole separation from church and state?

Unfortunately that isn't actually spelled out anywhere.

The only thing we've really got is that the government cannot forbid the establishment of a religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.