Food The Vegan Thread

and then on the other end of the spectrum, theres the complete fucktards that murdered their baby by refusing it breastmilk and trying to raise it on almond milk or soy or some shit.

Yep. "holy shit, what's trans fat?" - then all of a sudden everyone went to non-hydrogenated processes requiring even more elaborate chemical processing, masking all of it by pushing shit like "made from olive oil!"

Well, yeah, here's how it's made now: http://www.google.com/patents/WO2008059220A1
What does this mean for my arteries?
Is it better or worse than Trans fats?

and then on the other end of the spectrum, theres the complete fucktards that murdered their baby by refusing it breastmilk and trying to raise it on almond milk or soy or some shit.
Well that is stupid because there is nothing more vegan than breastfeeding.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
good butter makes a shit ton of difference too. Crappy butter coats your mouth and feels heavy, good butter doesnt.
so far in my butter test, this has the best flavor over all.

horizon-organic-butter-salted-138612.jpg

I don't like it because it's organic. In fact, for me, that has zero to do with why I like it. 100% flavor decision.

I made butter in the kitchenaid a couple months back.

Had some heavy cream nearing its expiry date, threw it in the mixer with the whisk attachment and let it run. I've always been afraid of overwhipping cream when I'm making whipped cream for desserts or whatever... it takes a long ass time after stiff peaks before butter starts to form, and when it does, it happens all of a sudden.

Saved the buttermilk for pancakes, worked some sea salt into the butter... gotta say it came out damn good.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Isn't a vegan diet the absence of any animal products including dairy?
Breast milk is not dairy.
dair·y (dâr′ē)
n. pl. dair·ies
1. A commercial establishment for processing or selling milk and milk products.
2. A place where milk and cream are stored and processed.
3. A dairy farm.
4. The dairy business; dairying.
5. Food containing milk or milk derivatives.
adj.
1. Of, for, or relating to milk or milk products: the dairy section at the grocery store.
2. Of or relating to dairying.
3. Judaism Of or relating to food products containing milk or milk derivatives and not containing meat or meat derivatives, as dictated by dietary law.

Breast milk is not dairy.
dair·y (dâr′ē)
n. pl. dair·ies
1. A commercial establishment for processing or selling milk and milk products.
2. A place where milk and cream are stored and processed.
3. A dairy farm.
4. The dairy business; dairying.
5. Food containing milk or milk derivatives.
adj.
1. Of, for, or relating to milk or milk products: the dairy section at the grocery store.
2. Of or relating to dairying.
3. Judaism Of or relating to food products containing milk or milk derivatives and not containing meat or meat derivatives, as dictated by dietary law.
How is breast milk not a food containing milk?

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes