Food The Vagatarian Thread

Also, he weighed 195 lbs. when he entered the hospital after his head injury:

Dr. Atkins died On April 17, 2003, at the age of 72.[15] Atkins official death certificate states the cause of death as "Blunt impact injury of head with epidural hematoma".[16] Nine days prior to his death, Atkins fell and hit his head on an icy New York pavement. At New York's Weill Cornell Medical Center, where he was admitted on April 8, he underwent surgery to remove a blood clot from his brain but went into a coma and died from complications. He spent nine days in intensive care before dying on April 17, 2003.[17][18]

A medical report issued by the New York medical examiner's office a year after his death showed that Atkins had a history of heart attack, congestive heart failure andhypertension. It also noted that he weighed 258 pounds (117 kilograms) at death, but Dr. Atkins weighed 195 pounds (88 kilograms) the day after he entered the hospital following his fall; he gained 63 pounds (29 kilograms) from fluid retention during the nine days he was in a coma before he died.[17][19]

His widow refused to allow an autopsy.[

Also, he weighed 195 lbs. when he entered the hospital after his head injury:

Dr. Atkins died On April 17, 2003, at the age of 72.[15] Atkins official death certificate states the cause of death as "Blunt impact injury of head with epidural hematoma".[16] Nine days prior to his death, Atkins fell and hit his head on an icy New York pavement. At New York's Weill Cornell Medical Center, where he was admitted on April 8, he underwent surgery to remove a blood clot from his brain but went into a coma and died from complications. He spent nine days in intensive care before dying on April 17, 2003.[17][18]

A medical report issued by the New York medical examiner's office a year after his death showed that Atkins had a history of heart attack, congestive heart failure andhypertension. It also noted that he weighed 258 pounds (117 kilograms) at death, but Dr. Atkins weighed 195 pounds (88 kilograms) the day after he entered the hospital following his fall; he gained 63 pounds (29 kilograms) from fluid retention during the nine days he was in a coma before he died.[17][19]

His widow refused to allow an autopsy.[
I know, I've read this stuff before. He had a heart attack and cardiomyopathy a couple of years before he fell and hit his head, and this information was leaked because the Atkins dynasty didn't want anyone to know. His doctor said Atkins' arteries were clear and his heart attack was caused by an infection, but I call BS.

I shouldn't have brought it up as a sure thing, it's a pretty old and tiresome story with lots of contradictions. I just think it's awfully coincidental that a man who lived on bacon and whole milk had perfectly lovely blood vessels and was just unlucky enough to have a heart infection that caused an MI.

Btw fluid retention at death is caused by failing heart>kidneys>other organs

@Maureen not to nag ;) but about the keto diet...do you want to eat like this? Dr Atkins, who devised a similar diet like 50 years ago, died of heart failure and weighed over 300 lbs...

"What can you eat?

In a word: fat. Lots and lots of fat.

The desired ratio in the ketogenic diet is consuming 3 or 4 grams of fat for every 1 gram of carbohydrate and protein, which amounts to getting about 75-80 percent of your daily calories from fat.

You can eat foods like butter, heavy whipping cream, mayonnaise, and oils, the Epilepsy Foundation notes.

“It’s putting butter on your butter,” Taub-Dix said. A sample daily menu might include eggs with olive oil and avocado on the side for breakfast; leafy greens, salmon, nuts and olive oil for lunch; and steak, greens, vegetables and oil for dinner, Glassman added.

It’s all about that fat to carbs/protein ratio, so even though you’re not really counting calories, the meals have to be planned very carefully to adhere to the strict formula.

What must you avoid?

Carbs. That means all breads, pastas, grains, sweets and more. You have to be extremely careful because even toothpaste may contain sugar, the Epilepsy Foundation warns.

The ketogenic diet restricts the intake of carbs to as low as 2-4 percent of calories. As a point of reference, a standard diet provides about 45-55 percent of calories from carbs, Glassman said."

I've lost 2lbs of water weight already :)

omg this KETO shit is harder than i though!!!

I'm supposed to stay under 10g of carbs a day and i was reading my app wrong and thought the 10% was the 10g and long story short i ate 25g of carbs
im gonna die a fat lonely cow.
These kinds of diets are retarded. Sometimes I think you only like to say you're doing them because they are in fashion.

I'm sure we can go through over your years here and find all the different trendy diets you've done.

Just get a damn calorie counting app for your phone and be done with it.
This is what I'm doing at the moment. Calorie count app (although I'm ignoring it on days where I want to eat a fuck ton to be fair). Eating less pretty much every day (around 1200 calories or less) and doing daily exercise. I'm not losing tons of weight but I'm getting damn toned imo.

This is what I'm doing at the moment. Calorie count app (although I'm ignoring it on days where I want to eat a fuck ton to be fair). Eating less pretty much every day (around 1200 calories or less) and doing daily exercise. I'm not losing tons of weight but I'm getting damn toned imo.
Yeesssss. If I want to lose some weight because I've been bad, I use the calorie app for however long I need to as to get myself back in the routine of eating correctly.

It's seriously the best app ever. If anyone truly wants to lose weight, track EVERYTHING consumed. It's so annoying to have to check things in that it's easier to just not eat it. :lol:

Yeesssss. If I want to lose some weight because I've been bad, I use the calorie app for however long I need to as to get myself back in the routine of eating correctly.

It's seriously the best app ever. If anyone truly wants to lose weight, track EVERYTHING consumed. It's so annoying to have to check things in that it's easier to just not eat it. :lol:
I still get confused about lose and loose:(