Food The Vagatarian Thread

agreed! lol theres nothing left to eat!
my teen godson lost 40lbs last may 2016 and has kept it off for just over a year now.
i think with ANYTHING, you have to keep up the maintenance and CONTINUE to watch what you eat.
hes not on Keto anymore but he's at the weight he wants to be and has managed to keep it off.
he has more carbs but def watches what he eats and hasn't had soda in 13 months (yay)
I'm trying to lose 14lbs give or take. id like to hover at the 110lbs mark, thats where I'm happy.
once I'm there i know how to keep it off.
with my stress of my dads illness for 2 years and my rollercoaster life with CEO, my weight took a back burner.
my keto is temp in terms of the hard core keto, after that it will be maintenance.
plus, i cant go back to Tampa with these extra 14 lbs, i won't be able to fit into @fly bike shorts
Girl get down here, I'll get you on the white powder diet.

I hope you mean a nip and tuck for those nostrils of yours.

Meoooow you ho
Respect the Hersheys

4c47a75a134dd5f49ddca2fe692968c2.jpg

i know. thats why i won't eat out side of my allotted amount.

anyhoo, i joined this keto group for support and they talk about you shouldn't be allowing people (in any situation) to bring you down with negativity because they dont like/understand what you're trying to achieve.

i should post the link to this thread so they can see what a bunch of Keto haters you all are :nev:
Sounds like a cult :omy:

• Gravy
Reactions: Applesauce
@Maureen not to nag ;) but about the keto diet...do you want to eat like this? Dr Atkins, who devised a similar diet like 50 years ago, died of heart failure and weighed over 300 lbs...

"What can you eat?

In a word: fat. Lots and lots of fat.

The desired ratio in the ketogenic diet is consuming 3 or 4 grams of fat for every 1 gram of carbohydrate and protein, which amounts to getting about 75-80 percent of your daily calories from fat.

You can eat foods like butter, heavy whipping cream, mayonnaise, and oils, the Epilepsy Foundation notes.

“It’s putting butter on your butter,” Taub-Dix said. A sample daily menu might include eggs with olive oil and avocado on the side for breakfast; leafy greens, salmon, nuts and olive oil for lunch; and steak, greens, vegetables and oil for dinner, Glassman added.

It’s all about that fat to carbs/protein ratio, so even though you’re not really counting calories, the meals have to be planned very carefully to adhere to the strict formula.

What must you avoid?

Carbs. That means all breads, pastas, grains, sweets and more. You have to be extremely careful because even toothpaste may contain sugar, the Epilepsy Foundation warns.

The ketogenic diet restricts the intake of carbs to as low as 2-4 percent of calories. As a point of reference, a standard diet provides about 45-55 percent of calories from carbs, Glassman said."

• Gravy
Reactions: Applesauce
There was a LOT of money on the line, Atkins had food products, books, etc, and to admit he had a heart attack and congestive heart failure when he advocated eating unlimited saturated fats and cholesterol would have tanked the company.

I had heard about the weight gain in the hospital in the days before his death, but assume it was because his heart was failing and could not remove the extra fluids.

There was a LOT of money on the line, Atkins had food products, books, etc, and to admit he had a heart attack and congestive heart failure when he advocated eating unlimited saturated fats and cholesterol would have tanked the company.

I had heard about the weight gain in the hospital in the days before his death, but assume it was because his heart was failing and could not remove the extra fluids.
There was a lot on the line for both sides. Atkins single-handedly destroyed the bakery industry for a long time. Either way, the story is inconclusive.

@Maureen not to nag ;) but about the keto diet...do you want to eat like this? Dr Atkins, who devised a similar diet like 50 years ago, died of heart failure and weighed over 300 lbs...

"What can you eat?

The desired ratio in the ketogenic diet is consuming 3 or 4 grams of fat for every 1 gram of carbohydrate and protein, which amounts to getting about 75-80 percent of your daily calories from fat.

You can eat foods like butter, heavy whipping cream, mayonnaise, and oils, the Epilepsy Foundation notes.

“It’s putting butter on your butter,” Taub-Dix said. A sample daily menu might include eggs with olive oil and avocado on the side for breakfast; leafy greens, salmon, nuts and olive oil for lunch; and steak, greens, vegetables and oil for dinner, Glassman added.

It’s all about that fat to carbs/protein ratio, so even though you’re not really counting calories, the meals have to be planned very carefully to adhere to the strict formula.

What must you avoid?

Carbs. That means all breads, pastas, grains, sweets and more. You have to be extremely careful because even toothpaste may contain sugar, the Epilepsy Foundation warns.

The ketogenic diet restricts the intake of carbs to as low as 2-4 percent of calories. As a point of reference, a standard diet provides about 45-55 percent of calories from carbs, Glassman said."
Yea, all this talk about Keto prompted me to look up the differences with Keto vs Atkins.

Both sound so extreme

"What can you eat?

What must you avoid?

I thought Dr. Adkins died from a head injury when he slipped on some ice and hit his head on a sidewalk or curb or something after leaving a TV or radio appearance?

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots