Food The Vagatarian Thread

What makes you say she's a bit looney? You know her or something?

Doesn't come off as Looney to me. Just a quick little mention of her cookbook and right into showing how to put together some recipes, that's all.

They probably ended up in a tiny house because they blew everything on that f'n giant diamond that was surely mined by slave children.
That would be a looney thing to do.
I've watched High Carb Hannah's channel for a long time, she has had some issues :oopsie: but I like her and her food. And she has addressed the diamond issue: it is an old stone mined over 100 yeas ago so at least it isn't a recent blood diamond. And they can afford it, she and her husband make giant bank on youtube. He has a building channel, he built the tiny house and is a contractor or something.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
any of you dinks ever made pulled pork from boneless pork sirloin roast?

I am going to try it in my crock pot maybe not today but soon.
You'd have to do that really low & slow in a crock and keep covered with liquid. Dedicate 6+hours to cooking it and don't take over 150 f. Which is hard with dial type crocks - usually won't go that low.
Here, this is pretty goof-proof, the cola helps soften it a little.
https://www.foodlion.com/recipes/Slow-cooker-bbq-coca-cola-pulled-pork/

So...
Yesterday in Asheville I had a slice of vegan pizza. It wasn't even a vegan meal, I just wished to avoid cheese for the entire meal. Crust was great. Lacked fat overall.
I score it half an erection.
Ya pizza needs fat. I have used garlic jalapeno hummus for the sauce, or tahini with tomato. The fake cheese is fatty af but I only use a little if any (Chao slices are amazing). Also needs nutritional yeast for that fake cheese flavor and B12.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I've watched High Carb Hannah's channel for a long time, she has had some issues :oopsie: but I like her and her food. And she has addressed the diamond issue: it is an old stone mined over 100 yeas ago so at least it isn't a recent blood diamond. And they can afford it, she and her husband make giant bank on youtube. He has a building channel, he built the tiny house and is a contractor or something.

This happens to me all the time with the fairer sex.
Can't see the depth and breadth of the crazy until it's too late.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and nukes
I kinda like the almond based cheese substitute. Daiwa? Melts right. Lots of fat.
Like my brain.
Ya, that isnt bad but I hate the shreds. The Havarti creamy by daiya is great. For dairy free yogurt the only decent one is kite hill. Still not tangy enough, but pretty good.

This vegan thing sure is a lot of work
Nah it's so easy. We hardly ever eat special vegan stuff like cheeze. Our kitchen is stocked with staples, and we get what's in season to round it out. A normal weekday dinner takes me under half an hour, and that includes packing everyone's next day lunches.

not slaughterhousey. First section on health, second on environment, last on animals. 🌱

Sorry, can't edit out the bad link.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes