Food The Vagatarian Thread

I'd probably die without peanut butter sandwiches. Just saying.
Oh lol my new junk food is PB and Dill pickle sandwiches. Only the good kind of crunchy PB and publix whole Dill pickles sliced on Daves power seed bread.

Yup, I am so groce with my combinations. When I ate meat, I liked peanut butter and bacon sandwiches.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
I ate a brownie today. I'm probably going to die from a sugar overdose.

The veggies are sweeter because of human tampering too. Carrots used to be a sad little root. A lot of them have way more of the good nutrition than they used to. There's some kind of golden rice that has been engineered to have more nutrients, to try and battle famine in poor countries.

Didn't know that about carrots. Learn something new every day.

Most of the tampering I've read about is for flavor like I mentioned, to sell more. Along with increasing yield, chemically fertilized monocrop because the soil is used up. "Roundup ready" and other GMO's for pest and drought resistance, etc.

• Gravy
Oh lol my new junk food is PB and Dill pickle sandwiches. Only the good kind of crunchy PB and publix whole Dill pickles sliced on Daves power seed bread.

Yup, I am so groce with my combinations. When I ate meat, I liked peanut butter and bacon sandwiches.

Peanut butter in a celery stalk is an awesome treat.
As for the rest I'll just assume you're pregnant.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and Ledboots

Holy shite. I didn't know anybody eat those but my brother. They're not bad. You have to have the right pickles for sure. Not something I find myself craving haha.

Didn't know that about carrots. Learn something new every day.

Most of the tampering I've read about is for flavor like I mentioned, to sell more. Along with increasing yield, chemically fertilized monocrop because the soil is used up. "Roundup ready" and other GMO's for pest and drought resistance, etc.
Yeah. Maybe one day priorities will change. It'll probably be too late by then. : /

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I just cannot post here anymore. I use my phone, and the reply box jumps around the page, and wont allow me to backspace yet then erases 50 characters. I'm sure it is my incompetence, but I did not used to have this issue, it is annoying af as i like to reply seconds as you all have noticed.

Last edited:
NOOOOO we are done with that, two is perfect. Add raisins on top of the celery stuffed peanut butter and you get Ants On a Log. And extra carbs!
I was about to mention ants on a log. Extra carbs is always better. I'm thinking about how much I would love a potato sandwich right now.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I just cannot post here anymore. I use my phone, and the reply box jumps around the page, and wont allow me to backspace yet then erases 50 characters. I'm sure it is my incompetence, but I did not used to have this issue, it is annoying af as i like to reply seconds as you all have noticed.
It's okay. More chance for gravy.

Mine does something similar, it's not just you. I don't think my reply box "jumps around" but if I try to put the cursor back in something I've written to correct or add something it'll do weird shit like erase one letter of the word, then jump ahead a few words and start erasing that one, then when I start to type it'll like take away a word and put my typing in some other word, etc.

It's weird. Thought it was some deal I didn't know about or hadn't figured out how to manipulate but now I know I'm not the only one so I'm not crazy or dumb so thank you for mentioning that.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and OOD
Don't forget there is an undo button that might save you from having to retype something that gets erased. I've had whole posts erase lately for no reason. Undo always puts it back.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Don't forget there is an undo button that might save you from having to retype something that gets erased. I've had whole posts erase lately for no reason. Undo always puts it back.

Never noticed that so thank you too.

• Gravy
Tapatalk or browser?

Nope wrongo.
American Diabetes Foundation would disagree.
Explain YOUR theory. Correction to mine - I should have said blood stream, not stomach.

You're being deliberately obtuse. Have fun with that. I'm not interested.
I think you're being oppositional because it's inconvenient to change thought. Possibly you haven't studied the topic that much. All carbs are sugars, with the exception of non-digestible fiber. Veggies average much lower in all carbs than fruit, and average less COST per pound. My thought was you should try to incorporate more veggies over fruit. I understand fruit is good. ;) I wouldn't have processed and dried a few hundred lbs. of pears if it wasn't. But I did a lot of tomatoes too. *Children will always eat fruit - they usually have to be taught to eat veggies.

The veggies are sweeter because of human tampering too. Carrots used to be a sad little root. A lot of them have way more of the good nutrition than they used to. There's some kind of golden rice that has been engineered to have more nutrients, to try and battle famine in poor countries.[/QUOTE]Some of the improvements kind of backfire - tomatoes with higher sugar content have worse problems of cracking open.

"Carbohydrates take the form of either sugars or starches (“complex carbohydrates”); but, a starch is simply a long chain of sugar molecules strung together, so they both end up as the same thing once they enter your blood stream (the only difference is that you need digestive enzymes to break up a starch). Most carbohydrates break down to approximately half glucose and half fructose (let’s ignore fiber and some of the other less common monosaccharides, for now). Glucose is then directly used by your cells for energy, whereas fructose must first be converted into glucose or fat by your liver." – Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, PhD. As stated pretty much everywhere.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: nukes
American Diabetes Foundation would disagree.
Explain YOUR theory. Correction to mine - I should have said blood stream, not stomach.

I think you're being oppositional because it's inconvenient to change thought. Possibly you haven't studied the topic that much. All carbs are sugars, with the exception of non-digestible fiber. Veggies average much lower in all carbs than fruit, and average less per pound. My thought was you should try to incorporate more veggies over fruit. I understand fruit is good. ;) I wouldn't have processed and dried a few hundred lbs. of pears if it wasn't. But I did a lot of tomatoes too. *Children will always eat fruit - they usually have to be taught to eat veggies.

The veggies are sweeter because of human tampering too. Carrots used to be a sad little root. A lot of them have way more of the good nutrition than they used to. There's some kind of golden rice that has been engineered to have more nutrients, to try and battle famine in poor countries.
Some of the improvements kind of backfire - tomatoes with higher sugar content have worse problems of cracking open.

"Carbohydrates take the form of either sugars or starches (“complex carbohydrates”); but, a starch is simply a long chain of sugar molecules strung together, so they both end up as the same thing once they enter your blood stream (the only difference is that you need digestive enzymes to break up a starch). Most carbohydrates break down to approximately half glucose and half fructose (let’s ignore fiber and some of the other less common monosaccharides, for now). Glucose is then directly used by your cells for energy, whereas fructose must first be converted into glucose or fat by your liver." – Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, PhD. As stated pretty much everywhere.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. Recent studies show that carbs and carb abuse may be just as responsible if not more so for heart disease and diabetes than just about anything else.

Indeed. Recent studies show that carbs and carb abuse may be just as responsible if not more so for heart disease and diabetes than just about anything else.
Beetus - basically burning out the pancreas from it struggling to produce insulin to process all the carbs. And excess carbs have caused a dramatic rise in non-fat liver disease in children in recent decades.