Food The Vagatarian Thread

It was a bit high but they did have burgers for less than 11 bucks most burger places start at just under 10 bucks. It was an occasional thing for me so I don't mind. I must have blown a whole Benjamin on vegan food yesterday.
You should bring me to the trailer park you live in and knock on every single door and introduce me as "your Jew".

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Being a vegetarian/vegan/etc is a pain in the ass at restaurants. EVERYTHING except usually two items on the menu have meat in it.

I'm not a veggie, but I act like one sometimes.

Which 2?

Most any beans are gonna have bacon or ham in for flavor.

Soups that don't feature a meat still gonna have chicken or beef stock/broth.

I suppose you could get deep fried mushrooms with no ranch to dip them in.

Salad would have to specify no cheese or creamy dressings.

Pie crust uses lard or butter.

Peanut butter & jelly sandwich counts but why would you go to a restaurant for that?

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Which 2?

Peanut butter & jelly sandwich counts but why would you go to a restaurant for that?
Lots of modern restaurants don't use meat or lard in veggies. And tomato soup is usually vegan. Asian places usually have tofu. It's also pretty easy to say "no cheese."

I usually check out a menu before I go to a new resturant too.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Lots of modern restaurants don't use meat or lard in veggies. And tomato soup is usually vegan. Asian places usually have tofu. It's also pretty easy to say "no cheese."

I usually check out a menu before I go to a new resturant too.

Forgot about tomato soup, that's a good one. Lots of pastas with meatless sauce too. Bread with olive oil instead of butter.

A lot of restaurants around here, outside of BBQ or mom-n-pop Mexican joints will have some options but we're a bit more progressive/hippie than a lot of places.

Which 2?

salad with vinagrette is gonna be fine for the most part.

• Gravy
salad with vinagrette is gonna be fine for the most part.

Ya I think that, bread with olive oil, and a meatless pasta dish would be pretty filling.

Just outside of a vegan specific type place, meat is gonna be the main event with everything else considered a "side".

Pasta is a nice go too. Even stake houses have pasta and a baked potato or fries. I've asked for a specially dish to be made for me with pasta veggies and olive oil. The fancier places usually don't mind at all. I've even had chefs come out and tell about something they can throw together. As long as you're not picky it's not an issues most of the time.

• Gravy
Doesn't have to be but at a regular restaurant it probably is. As would be most any bread or cake.
Regular pasta like spaghetti is never made with egg unless it's fresh, which would cost a fortune in a resturant so you know to ask if you are spending your kids college fund for a meal.

• Gravy