GAY The Useless Travel Thread

I have been assigned a trip to Saratoga, and I have a three day layover there. Who has been there? Where the fuck is this place..
All I know is that it’s in upstate New York. Not gonna lie, when I got my assignment and read Saratoga I thought it was a fucking island in the Caribbean.
It's fine if you know local people or are going to the races. It's not exactly touristy. You're gonna keep going to places like this w/ old rich people cause "touristy" used to mean a lot less. Albany, Saratoga, Saranac lake. This is like the old money NY tour. Next you gonna be all I'm at Gibson island, Churchill down s 😂

It's beautiful, no one lives there, and there's a track.

Last edited:
@eileenbunny are you here during the coronation? We'll be up in York this weekend if there's any chance you wanted to pop down
No, I booked a hotel and meeting space for a conference before the Queen even died. I'm hosting the 1st Clusterbusters European conference here. That the conference is happening the weekend of the coronation is a coincidence.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Home from Glasgow. It was nice. I saw nothing of the city but the conference was good. The food was kinda crap unless I ate at like an Indian or Italian restaurant. I enjoyed haggis though. My plan from London caught on fire before we took off so there were extra travel adventures. I'm pretty tired now.

It's fine if you know local people or are going to the races. It's not exactly touristy. You're gonna keep going to places like this w/ old rich people cause "touristy" used to mean a lot less. Albany, Saratoga, Saranac lake. This is like the old money NY tour. Next you gonna be all I'm at Gibson island, Churchill down s 😂

It's beautiful, no one lives there, and there's a track.
Just got my trip details for this Saratoga trip.
we are taking 22 men in two jets. sounds like the plot for a great gangbang p0rn movie
the flight is 1hr and 4 minutes and has an insane amount of catering.
WHYYYYYY? by the time its safe for me to move about the cabin and serve these twats their parfaits its time to secure cabin and land.

UGH.

Now... what to do in Saratogaaaaa

Just got my trip details for this Saratoga trip.
we are taking 22 men in two jets. sounds like the plot for a great gangbang p0rn movie
the flight is 1hr and 4 minutes and has an insane amount of catering.
WHYYYYYY? by the time its safe for me to move about the cabin and serve these twats their parfaits its time to secure cabin and land.

UGH.

Now... what to do in
I forgot to mention the mineral springs which is why it's a city anyway. There's all kinda mineral springs and spas. They aren't hot springs BTW, just mineral water.

Flying home from a family trip to newfoundland.

I'm cursed when I fly. I fucking hate flying. Last time I flew home to newfoundland it took two attempts, because the first time the plane couldn't land due to high winds and had to fly back to halifax, then I had to get on another plane a day later. Secondly, this is the last time I flew air canada since 2001 - when a flight I was on was overbooked, nobody volunteered, they started picking names and I was the first name called. And I've had a few other similar experiences. Like 75% of the time I'm flying, something gets fucked up.

So back on Friday, I show up at the airport and they say at the gate, "We might not land because there's lotsa fog, but we're gonna try anyway, and we might circle back to halifax if we can't land"... I joke with the group of people I'm sitting in the departure lounge with, "shit, that happened last time I tried to fly home, I'm fuckin' cursed aren't I"

So, plane takes off and we're climbing. 5 minutes later... "This is your pilot speaking, we've got an indicator light on for the cargo bay door, so we can't pressurize, so we gotta land in halifax again. We'll get that figured out and get back in the air, sorry"

5 minutes after that... "yeah this is your pilot again, we're over our weight for landing, we gotta circle for an hour and a bit and burn off fuel before we can land"

And after that... "Yeah we're circling the airport and we're in the way and the control tower told us to get out of the way, so we're gonna go on a tour!"... and they fly us out over peggy's cove and oak island and whatever, then back to circle again and finally land.

They work on the plane for a while, then decide to kick us off the plane because the pilots are gonna be over their hours or whatever other bullshit and they gotta find new pilots. Finally they get pilots, they get us back on the plane, they're still working on the plane and they get it fixed. Except by now the ground crew has fucked off, and they gotta find another ground crew. They finally get all that arranged, and we depart again. We were supposed to land around 6-7PM, landed at 1AM. The whole plane broke into applause when we finally fuckin' landed. Throughout the whole ordeal, me joking that I'm cursed spread around, and everyone's joking blaming me for everything.

We're walking back through the gate in St. John's, and there's a crowd of tired people who have been waiting forever for our plane to arrive so they can depart to wherever on the plane. One of the other people points at me and says "IT'S HIS FAULT, HE'S CURSED"

Here waiting for the return flight. Wonder what's gonna happen this time?