GAY The Useless Travel Thread

I think Americans view of their size is pretty skewed by the westernised maps you see. Australia is the size of the whole US, Brazil is comparatively the same size as the US, France is the size of Texas, African nations are fucking huge and the African continent dwarfs America in real terms.

I think Americans view of their size is pretty skewed by the westernised maps you see. Australia is the size of the whole US, Brazil is comparatively the same size as the US, France is the size of Texas, African nations are fucking huge and the African continent dwarfs America in real terms.
Brazil and Australia are about the same size and they are about 80% the size of the US and largely uninhabited. Canada and Russia are the only bigger countries.

I mean it's not a flex it's just fax. I basically drive around an area the size of the UK everyday.

Also "westernized" :rolleyes: it's called the Mercator projection. You can look up other projections. It's hard to represent a sphere on a gray sheet of paper.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Where I grew up the Indiana roads were shit, while the Michigan ones were very nice.

:nev:
maryland is totally county-by-county for roads.

So is michigan for that matter, and soon as you cross over into detroit proper, might as well be a dirt road with how many potholes there are.

In Lithuania you can be driving along a tarmac road then for maybe 10 miles it becomes just graded dirt then back to tarmac. Years ago theyll have started building from both ends and run out of money then never got back to it.

• Haha
Reactions: fly