GAY The Useless Travel Thread

Flying up home next week to visit the folks for a week. Having not flown in quite a while I figured I should brush up on what sort of stuff I can and can't bring with me.

Light saber is a go as apparently the government hasn't figured out they're real.

Screenshot_20220910-080718.png

Magic 8-ball is out though as I'm only bringing a carry-on and personal item. Also the government thinks coke is a liquid but maybe they confused it with the soft drink.

Screenshot_20220910-080829.png

Other pots and pans are allowed but not cast iron skillets. Having been knocked upside the head with one a time or three I can appreciate that.

Screenshot_20220910-083241.png

I can still bring rocks though. No limit on size or quantity.

Screenshot_20220910-081313.png

Even the smallest of pocket knives is out, but a 4" scissors or a 7" screwdriver is ok. Wtf.

Screenshot_20220910-083955.png
Screenshot_20220910-083925.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220910-083925.png
    179 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20220910-083955.png
    218.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20220910-083955.png
    218.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20220910-083925.png
    179 KB · Views: 1
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly
Can bring one of my bunnies but they'd get lonely without the other one.

Screenshot_20220910-081727.png

They don't provide any detail on what constitutes an "adult toy" so the world's your oyster there I guess

Screenshot_20220910-082018.png

I like how they're concerned about loonytoons style violence with cast iron pans, but giant rocks are ok
Most of the stuff does make pretty good sense. Just a few things make you go, hmm...

Heavy stainless pan ok but cast iron not.

Rocks I think geologists but they're also weapons. Piece of flint or obsidian with an edge on it could still be a rock as long as you don't too obviously shape it as an ax or arrow head.

Tiny little pocket knife no, but scissors or screwdrivers long enough to reach vital organs are ok.

Most of the stuff does make pretty good sense. Just a few things make you go, hmm...

Heavy stainless pan ok but cast iron not.

Rocks I think geologists but they're also weapons. Piece of flint or obsidian with an edge on it could still be a rock as long as you don't too obviously shape it as an ax or arrow head.

Tiny little pocket knife no, but scissors or screwdrivers long enough to reach vital organs are ok.
Cast iron can shatter, leaving you with a nice sharp edge?
Yet I can still order a beer at whatever restaurant in the concourse and end up getting a cup made of glass...

It's all theater

Cast iron can shatter, leaving you with a nice sharp edge?
Yet I can still order a beer at whatever restaurant in the concourse and end up getting a cup made of glass...

It's all theater
It could I suppose. Takes a pretty good hit against something else strong and not too blunt, which there isn't a whole lot of in a plane.

Maybe could crack it against one of your rocks.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Maybe the drink cart, very bottom part of chair frames, or the edge of the bathroom door?

It's aluminum frame everything made as light as it can be, most of it covered in some kind of contoured, rounded off plastic or padded cloth.
And there's no place to heat it or quickly cool it.

Well, I survived our trip to Knoxville. We just got home. Tuesday I'm off to Chicago for my second trip of September. When I get back from there I'll have 2 days to turn around and go camping with a bunch of 10-year-olds!
drive or fly? The knoxville airport is one of my favorite airports. Ive gotten there 20 minutes before a flight without issue multiple times.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
They somehow managed to redo Reagan Airport, spent $2.2 billion, with a B, and made zero improvements.

Still not enough post security dining even though they moved most of what was once pre-security behind the TSA line.

Moved TSA downstairs, but the ticket counters remain upstairs.

• Gravy
They somehow managed to redo Reagan Airport, spent $2.2 billion, with a B, and made zero improvements.

Still not enough post security dining even though they moved most of what was once pre-security behind the TSA line.

Good to hear that its just as terrible as it was the last time I used it like 20 years ago.

Go to bwi, it's like a 30 minute drive from DC

• Gravy

are you the Airport Renovations Police ?

• Haha
Reactions: Peppers and fly
drive or fly? The knoxville airport is one of my favorite airports. Ive gotten there 20 minutes before a flight without issue multiple times.
We drove. Flying was going to be more than $1200 for the 4 of us and there were no direct flights unless we wanted to drive to Dulles.
Go to bwi, it's like a 30 minute drive from DC
It's almost 40 miles from Reagan to BWI. There's no way you can do it in 30 minutes even if you do it at 3am.

• Gravy