GAY The Useless Travel Thread

Been to Dodge City as a kid. It can be pretty cool if you're into old wild west stuff or pioneer/frontier history or lifestyle, etc.

There's nothing worth stopping for in oklahoma, not even gas.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
I take that back. Winding Stair and that general area (borderline Ozarks) is really nice but it's not something you gonna check out for a couple hours. More of a destination camping, hiking, outdoorsy type deal.

I take that back. Winding Stair and that general area (borderline Ozarks) is really nice but it's not something you gonna check out for a couple hours. More of a destination camping, hiking, outdoorsy type deal.
We’ll stop by the bombing memorial and they have what appears to be a cool science museum for the kiddos.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Booked a second cruise for January 2022.

We had a sizable credit leftover from the cruise line when they canceled the one for August last year, even after rebooking it. They gave us 125% to let them hang onto the money and not get refunded.

Then they discounted cruise #1 by 10% when we rebooked, and cruise 2 by 20%. So they're paying for 3/4's of cruise #2.

Cruise #1 is to the Galapagos. That's in August.

#2 is a round trip out of Ft Lauderdale that'll hit up Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, shit like that. 11 warm days, snorkeling and shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and fly
I haven't heard if my business trip to Chicago is going to happen in Sept. Nor the business trip to Atlanta for a vendor conference, if they even hold it there. Both events were canceled from last year. I don't think the airline refunded me the money on the tickets, but setup travel credits for future flights. The vendor has only said the event is back on, but have not released any further details like location and when.

Only other traveling scheduled currently is downeast Maine for an astronomy star party at a state park in August. And I have to move my disabled brother to another facility in a couple weeks from Maine to NH.

titanic night GIF

BOT. I'm supposed to go to a grandkid's b-day next weekend. Not going, too many @holes who won't participate in distancing. Working on creative lies. Short term disabling stuff. I'll play sick for a few days. I suppose I could just man up and tell them.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
They are pretty cool except for all the decadence, pollution, disease possibilities and worker abuse. Being in the band on a party boat has a certain allure.
Forgot the tax avoidance. They're one of the peak examples of everything that is wrong with our culture.

BOT. I'm supposed to go to a grandkid's b-day next weekend. Not going, too many @holes who won't participate in distancing. Working on creative lies. Short term disabling stuff. I'll play sick for a few days. I suppose I could just man up and tell them.
I don't go to that shit because my in-laws are disgusting people and I don't want to be around them.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie