GAY The Useless Travel Thread

I've never been on a cruise. Nothing about a cruise calls me. Looks mad boring. And wtf I need the beach all day long. Wtf at some days at sea and some days in land for 6 hrs. Hell no. Plus I saw titanic.
Poor Jack
I've never done a cruise either, but they do have them where they doc for the day and travel to new destinations over night. You could be on a different beach each day! And still head back to the ship for all you can eat buffets & laxxies.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
sitting here waiting for them to change a tire out on the plane. Probably gonna miss my connection at ohare

Seriously looking (its been casual for awhile but now we are finalizing plans) at tickets to hawaii for sept. if anyone sees deals to kona let me know! Or have secrets on how to get the best priced flights.

Seriously looking (its been casual for awhile but now we are finalizing plans) at tickets to hawaii for sept. if anyone sees deals to kona let me know! Or have secrets on how to get the best priced flights.
The only 'secrets' I've heard of are 'airline' direct, asking specifically for 'B Flights.'

I've never done it, but a vendor I work with who's loaded, says that's the only way she flies. But she said she'll be on hold for over an hour. Her words: You call them when you put the movie on after your popcorn is cooked, and just leave it on speaker. Sometimes I've held for an hour on the phone.

I love planning vacations. I like booking stuff. I should have been a travel agent or something. I don't get to travel enough on my own. I need more money and time. Less than a month to our next trip. Can't wait.
planning trips is my least favorite thing because I'm always wondering "what if tomorrow I find a better deal?" and I delay so long that my original flights suddenly jump up in price or become booked

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
The only 'secrets' I've heard of are 'airline' direct, asking specifically for 'B Flights.'

I've never done it, but a vendor I work with who's loaded, says that's the only way she flies. But she said she'll be on hold for over an hour. Her words: You call them when you put the movie on after your popcorn is cooked, and just leave it on speaker. Sometimes I've held for an hour on the phone.

there isn't a single word about this on the internet... Are you sure she wasn't fucking with you?

• Gravy
Reactions: eileenbunny
there isn't a single word about this on the internet... Are you sure she wasn't fucking with you?
nope. I scheduled a flight out to do a seminar for her reps in CT 2 yrs ago. When I got there she grilled me on my ticket pricing and went into detail about that and said that if I ever wanted her to get me flights she'd help me out. I've seen her & her family countless times all over the country and she knows how to get money out of a stone. There's very few people that in talking with them give me something that I can use to make or save $, but almost invariably, each time we talk I get some "have you thought about doing it this way? _______________" and bells and whistles go off for me. Next thing you know, cash flow is increasing. She could have been BSing me, but I highly doubt it.

Not sure if this is on the web either, but if there's a snow/weather delay at an airport, immediately find out what planes are carrying the mail and ask to be put on, or 'wait' for one of those planes. My ex BIL was/still is a United Pilot. He said the airports prioritize those planes over everything else.