GAY The Useless Travel Thread

Newport, RI in 3 weeks for a highschool buddy's wedding. Wedding on the 2nd. Probably see my other highschool buddy and his family in RI after the wedding. Any decent fireworks shows on Saturday down that way?

its nice. call up, say " i need X, for Y"

do you need a rental car sir?

yes

Hotel in what area?

this one

done

itinerary will be in your inbox in 5 minutes.

• Gravy
Reactions: CletusJones
Supposedly my credit card offers a concierge service, but I've never used it and don't know how good they are.

Also booked a flight and rental car to see my dad in a couple of weekends.

its nice. call up, say " i need X, for Y"

do you need a rental car sir?

yes

Hotel in what area?

this one

done

itinerary will be in your inbox in 5 minutes.
Bingo. And corporate travel people usually have no issues booking non-corporate stuff if you ask nicely.

Newport, RI in 3 weeks for a highschool buddy's wedding. Wedding on the 2nd. Probably see my other highschool buddy and his family in RI after the wedding. Any decent fireworks shows on Saturday down that way?

Don't know about fireworks, but if you want a nice wood stove my father in law has one in his basement you can have for free.

It amazes me when cities especially travel destination cities have horrible airport terminals. San Diego doesn't have crap in to and I have like 2 hours to kill.

I feel like this is deja vu.

Go see the Bristol parade on the 4th. Bristol and Newport both have decent fireworks shows. If those aren't good enough for you, head back up to Boston and go watch the show from the Esplanade.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
So over Memorial day weekend, I drove down to Austin for the 2015 Nismo Fiesta and visited my sister. I ate crawfish for the first time. Seems like a very effort-intensive food.

Then last week, I went up into the sticks in Wisconsin (Iola and Waupaca) to see my cousin get married. We flew into Illinois so that 1) we could fly Southwest, and 2) the kids could visit the Museum of Science and Industry, which was worthwhile and fun. We ate brats and ice cream at the Student Union on Sunday night after coming back to Madison, and ran around on Monday doing things for my grandmother (also visited the zoo, since its free and the kids enjoy it).
still sorry we missed you!

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I'll be in SF at the end of August for the 25th anniversary extravaganza Fat Wreck Chords is doing. flying out on the 21st and back on the 24th.

and then in October/Nov I'm doing Fest again, so Tampa and then Gainesville.

• Gravy
Reactions: tre
I've never been on a cruise. Nothing about a cruise calls me. Looks mad boring. And wtf I need the beach all day long. Wtf at some days at sea and some days in land for 6 hrs. Hell no. Plus I saw titanic.
Poor Jack