GAY The Useless Travel Thread

Headed back to Colorado again in a month (18-22 August) for the National Z Car Convention 2021, but Colorado Springs this time.

Since I didn't do the National GTO convention this year (apologies @august, since grandma passed, I don't have a whole lot of desire to go back to Wisconsin, so I didn't load up a bunch of shit for your Tempest), I figured I should at least do Zcon since it was close.

I don't remember, but maybe @Floptical is up there still? Anybody in Denver wanna meat?
Yeah, @Floptical is there. He's actually travelling right now. And I also don't know if he monitors the forum these days.

I'm certain we'll be headed for lake country at some point, and I'll let you know.

Without g'ma around, the closest thing we've got to a matriarch is my aunt in Iola (since there's no way my mom, the black sheep, will be impressed into the job, and the family such that it is, is mostly scattered around the midwest, not New Mexico).

In the meantime, I'm still waiting for Jason to pull together any list of stuff that y'all can use, so I can box it up and send it off.
he's hoping to make a good long day of futzing with it on Sunday and cataloguing what he'll need (apparently some parts place he uses is having a big ol summer sale), he says he'll put together a list & he figures even if it's something you aren't going to send, you might know a good source. he's been too busy with work and house and baby shit (sometimes literally) so he hasn't touched it in months and hasn't had a chance to really assess the frame to make sure it's even worth getting parts together at this point. "but I definitely appreciate that. and him. as a person."

• Love
Reactions: Jehannum
BTW, if you happen to have an Amex Gold card, you may have been targeted for a free CLEAR membership for a year. Pretty much a requirement to use the DEN airport.

he's hoping to make a good long day of futzing with it on Sunday and cataloguing what he'll need (apparently some parts place he uses is having a big ol summer sale), he says he'll put together a list & he figures even if it's something you aren't going to send, you might know a good source. he's been too busy with work and house and baby shit (sometimes literally) so he hasn't touched it in months and hasn't had a chance to really assess the frame to make sure it's even worth getting parts together at this point. "but I definitely appreciate that. and him. as a person."

Having been through two infants, I haven't been in a hurry to put pressure on him to pull it together. It's not like the stuff is deteriorating, or I'm leaving it in a pool or something. I just want to square what I've got with what you need, and get it into a box and out before my dad has some sort of nesting urge and throws it all out (as he's been known to do).

• Gravy
Reactions: august
BTW, if you happen to have an Amex Gold card, you may have been targeted for a free CLEAR membership for a year. Pretty much a requirement to use the DEN airport.
I'm going for a collector car convention, to a city that's about 5 hours away by car, in my collector cars.

I'm reasonably sure that my clearances have enrolled me in as much trusted/precheck/butthole fadoodling air travel nonsense as I want to know about anyhow.

He got a splinter up his ass over me "arguing" when it was a series of two or three posts (where I legit wasn't even arguing.) Since then I haven't seen him on here. So blame me.
I hadn't seen him since the "curb stomp BH behind the AB in the GB while ur wife watches" post.

I hadn't seen him since the "curb stomp BH behind the AB in the GB while ur wife watches" post.
to be fair, id be embarassed to show my face after an outburst like that too.

Im guessing high stress and probably alcohol were involved that day.

This is the fuckin' internet though, we dont care. We might rag on flop about it for the rest of his life though. Afterall, we're never gonna let @JAXvillain live down not having a house inspection (or now.... a dog inspection)

to be fair, id be embarassed to show my face after an outburst like that too.

Im guessing high stress and probably alcohol were involved that day.

This is the fuckin' internet though, we dont care. We might rag on flop about it for the rest of his life though. Afterall, we're never gonna let @JAXvillain live down not having a house inspection (or now.... a dog inspection)
Or my alcoholic root beer incident.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
I'm going for a collector car convention, to a city that's about 5 hours away by car, in my collector cars.

I'm reasonably sure that my clearances have enrolled me in as much trusted/precheck/butthole fadoodling air travel nonsense as I want to know about anyhow.
CLEAR is different. Its a private company that puts you at the front of whatever line you belong to, either PreCheck or regular. It also works to get back into the country, and apparently at some stadiums as well.

we had an AWESOME TIIIIIIME!
such a random meat-up too!
the whole time we were like THIS IS WILD!!!

we met up with the casting director of CBS for Big Brother during the game!

we had a few drinks and just laughed and laughed

CEO WAS WAITING BACK AT THE HOTEL which is really the wildest part but he knew 11th row at the Lakers game was a once in a lifetime experience so he was super cool and dropped me off at the Staples Center!

i had a fucking awesome time in LA!

565da2bdf80bb3b628f4723ae3e0b0d5.jpg

THIS is the only picture you could find? Facepalm lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia