GAY The Useless Travel Thread

Yes I see it happen a few times a month. They usually try to put them in the front row but if it’s full or there are multiple dogs they go into a normal row. I’ve seen dogs go pee on a plane. I’ve seen pigs, birds, ferrets.
But seriously, the dog takes up the whole row. Like, the logistics don't work.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
"Sorry, ma'am. I have restless leg syndrome. If this dog lays here I'm afraid it will get kicked and will try to defend itself against my involuntary actions."

Just turn the bullshit up to 11

There are plenty of stories online where people have had to leave a flight due to something like that. And it's not the people with the dog. If you have a physical issue that wasn't disclosed to the airline before hand you either had to deal with it, switch seats if available, or leave the flight. Most of the ones I've seen were over allergies.

If you tell the airline you've got allergies ahead of time, how do they prioritize you vs. the passenger with the animal? Do you know?
They will make sure your are separated seat wise. If you can’t even be on the plane because of it then you can’t fly. It’s the whole Americans with Disabilities act thing. The one with the dog will trump the other every time.

:lol: but if your disability requires a peacock, well you can fuck off with that bird tyvm!
That is why airlines are finally starting to put a more specific policy in place. AA, Delta, and I think United all did a new policy this year to at least cut out as they classify it “exotic and unusual”. It still doesn’t limit size when it comes to a dog. They have at least put a paperwork requirement beforehand but as I stated you can get paperwork online for next to nothing. Most of the airlines have seen a spike of 150%-300% increase since 2016. Most average about 250,000 service animals on flights per year.

• Gravy
They will make sure your are separated seat wise. If you can’t even be on the plane because of it then you can’t fly. It’s the whole Americans with Disabilities act thing. The one with the dog will trump the other every time.
According to this, they don't have to allow the animal if someone has allergies.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/flying-with-service-dogs-and-emotional-support-animals.html
Unlike the ADA, the ACAA doesn’t limit its service-animal protections to dogs. Domestic airlines must allow most species of assistance animals—including pigs and monkeys, but not reptiles, rats, or tarantulas—unless they:

• are too big to be accommodated on the plane
  • would significantly disrupt in-flight cabin service
  • would pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other passengers

However, it's probably bad press to kick the 'disabled' person off for the person with allergies...

Regardless I think everyone knows there’s an issue with it to include the airlines (with their policy changes) and even the FAA has been looking at it.

😱😱😱 Like allergies aren't real? Then let me fling peanuts throughout the cabin.
I mean disabled with the allegies, especialy with the sht air within those planes.

• Gravy
😱😱😱 Like allergies aren't real? Then let me fling peanuts throughout the cabin.
I mean disabled with the allegies, especialy with the sht air within those planes.
If they are and there’s potential of something bad happening from it then you have to inform the airline before. I see it plenty of times that they go peanut free on a flight.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots