Hawt The UF Photography Thread for Photos that are Artsy, Vacationy, or Professionalsy.

With film you over expose to get the shadows and you can work with it in post processing to bring the highlights back.

With digital you under expose to get the highlights and you post process to get the shadows lightened.
Also, this:
I did not know this was film

good to see this thread with some chatter again. completely forgot about it. switzerland and austria this month:

48226156542_557c1e4746_h.jpg

48226100671_4a4d709b82_h.jpg

48226102766_93402fde1f_h.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations for a portable/travel tripod?

I think I bought a cheap-ish andoer one last time, it worked and it fit in my (pretty large) backpack. definitely felt cheap and stiff, but got the job done for stillness.

I know a lot of people rec gorillapods. I've never owned one. heard mixed reviews where it really depends on your use. incredible for a lot of things and really lacking for some other things. didn't seem like what I needed at the time, but worth looking into.

I think I bought a cheap-ish andoer one last time, it worked and it fit in my (pretty large) backpack. definitely felt cheap and stiff, but got the job done for stillness.

I know a lot of people rec gorillapods. I've never owned one. heard mixed reviews where it really depends on your use. incredible for a lot of things and really lacking for some other things. didn't seem like what I needed at the time, but worth looking into.
I don't really want the gorillapod type, the things where they are all flexy-grippy? Not a great idea to my mind, seems like a way for them to become worn out in the long run.

I don't really want the gorillapod type, the things where they are all flexy-grippy? Not a great idea to my mind, seems like a way for them to become worn out in the long run.

yea, pretty much why they depend on usage. unbeatable for their market, but if you want something more traditional then there's a lot on amazon. most work...I haven't the budget for anything truly "good" yet as I still mostly shoot handheld in the street and use tripods solely on hiking trips.

Are you just a dood taking pictures of random children? How do you not get your ass kicked? Asking for a friend...

I typically sit on a busy corner for a long time until I've all but blended in to the people walking by. I'll chat with some strangers, generally just become part of the corner. that's when you can start getting good candid portraits, as people don't even look at the guys who have been sitting there since before they arrived.

I shot all of those on a 50mm prime too, they aren't taken from far away.

You're just not a budget shopper are you? He asked for budget yet decent. He can get a "decent" Manfrotton in CF for 1/3-1/2 of that.

I typically sit on a busy corner for a long time until I've all but blended in to the people walking by. I'll chat with some strangers, generally just become part of the corner. that's when you can start getting good candid portraits, as people don't even look at the guys who have been sitting there since before they arrived.

I shot all of those on a 50mm prime too, they aren't taken from far away.
That is so cool and smart. I knew you were cool and smart back when you were just a teen.:F

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant