Hawt The UF Photography Thread for Photos that are Artsy, Vacationy, or Professionalsy.

sigh. this should work. I was trying to compress them as little as possible but I'll suck it up.
27778619864_1f1fca2b5a_o.jpg

28395418285_1d760579d0_o.jpg

27778624034_5a934f9d5c_o.jpg

just got back from rome with over 1300 shots to run through lightroom. i'll be back soon.

working on edits for 2300 shots now, but I'll let a few trickle out as I finish them up.
piazza navona at sunset
13942351_10210266867648066_344065916_n.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
First one is terrific! Love that picture.

thanks man, streets of toronto are a goldmine for afternoon and evening shoots when I get bored.

interestingly enough there's an alternate edit of that shot with a slightly more organic colour palette which I have come to prefer, but those 4 were used as part of a purposeful series in that tonal range so they have heavier greens and pinks than usual.

• Gravy
Reactions: OzSTEEZ
thanks man, streets of toronto are a goldmine for afternoon and evening shoots when I get bored.

interestingly enough there's an alternate edit of that shot with a slightly more organic colour palette which I have come to prefer, but those 4 were used as part of a purposeful series in that tonal range so they have heavier greens and pinks than usual.
How's university? Are you close to saving the world with cosmology?

How's university? Are you close to saving the world with cosmology?

been out of school since april and trying to fill my time with work and the gathering of funds before I go back, but it's looking like it'll be a good year. all my friends are scattered throughout north america so it'll be nice to see them all again come september

So, I went to the wife's motherland. Grand Marais, Minnesota. Absolutely gorgeous area and I'm sure I'll be going back there for the rest of my life.

I also have recently started fucking with manual settings of my camera and actually putting effort into my shots again. Its starting to show some results. I've yet to edit any of these to try and pull in color or light dark areas.
My favorites are the last three pics.

So, I went to the wife's motherland. Grand Marais, Minnesota. Absolutely gorgeous area and I'm sure I'll be going back there for the rest of my life.

I also have recently started fucking with manual settings of my camera and actually putting effort into my shots again. Its starting to show some results. I've yet to edit any of these to try and pull in color or light dark areas.
My favorites are the last three pics.

Your iso is too low, or your aperature is too small for a bunch of the middle ones, theyre super dim in sunny daylight with a bright sky.

Your iso is too low, or your aperature is too small for a bunch of the middle ones, theyre super dim in sunny daylight with a bright sky.
With film you over expose to get the shadows and you can work with it in post processing to bring the highlights back.

With digital you under expose to get the highlights and you post process to get the shadows lightened.
Also, this:
I've yet to edit any of these to try and pull in color or light dark areas.