Hawt The UF Photography Thread for Photos that are Artsy, Vacationy, or Professionalsy.

Here's an action picture I took of an extremely photogenic guy.

eYCJfre.jpg

So much UF in this pic!!
But the fancy boy kicking his leg up is the queen of the ball

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Put the camera in manual mode. Set it to f/3.5, iso 400, shutter 1/60 and take a picture of a wall. Ramp the shutter up/down, take more pictures and see if the exposure goes up or down.

If it works as it should, it's a light metering issue. If not, it's a sensor gain issue.
Nope, no change.

Hrm.
Hooked up a cable to the camera, used the computer-controlled software to take a pic and it took the picture just fine. Disconnected it and tried again, nothing.

If it isn't under warranty, I'd just pick up another one. DSLR's are dirt cheap used, and a several year old one will do the job just fine.

Got it back around Turkey Day, but it's a refurb so I'm not sure what the warranty is.
Sent this thing off just before the 4th. Got an email that it was done and a tracking number.
Follow it till it's delivered today, aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnd they sent me the fucking lens back with a thank you note about how they appreciated me choosing Canon.

Call 'em up to express my displeasure and it took the goober on the other end 20 minutes to realize that they weren't done with the camera so it hadn't been shipped off yet. Had no reasonable explanation why there was nothing in the shipment stating that.

:sigh:

canon rebel xs (about 6 years old, I'll cop a 60D someday but my money is going to studio stuff and education right now), usually shooting on a 55-250 or a 35-80 (both f/4-5.6) because I'm not one for getting up in people's business (though I'm gassing for a f/1.4 50 prime), then into lightroom and occasionally a light VSCO filter after base editing for a tonal change after I've gotten my histogram where I want it. that's how I brought out those greens in the above set.