Hawt The Thread About Everything Unrelated to Big News Items

Isn't the standard reference " reverse threaded " ?
Nope. Not anywhere I've seen. Maybe in technical documents.
dumbasses torqued hard enough in the wrong direction to snap it?
Yeah, possibly partially my fault? Told em I had tried to change the blade out earlier and wasn't able to get it to back out with my 1/4" impact. They jumped to an impact.
Backed out easily when I went to drill it with a righthand bit though. Looking at the arbor plate it appears that it was slightly damaged somehow, so I think that was part of why it was so hard to remove. Ordered another one of those as well.

man, i wouldnt ever use a power impact on a drill arbor. Its left hand threaded, so its not like its gonna loosen. Give it a good crank with a 1/2 inch socket and be done with it.

man, i wouldnt ever use a power impact on a drill arbor. Its left hand threaded, so its not like its gonna loosen. Give it a good crank with a 1/2 inch socket and be done with it.
Impacts are overkill for most things IMO, until you absolutely need it of course.

I started with a wrench, then moved onto a ratchet with a breaker bar, then I moved to the 1/4" impact. At that point I needed to get on the road to get some stuff done so I let the monkeys play with it

I started with a wrench, then moved onto a ratchet with a breaker bar, then I moved to the 1/4" impact. At that point I needed to get on the road to get some stuff done so I let the monkeys play with it
It wouldn't be right if a bunch of gearheads didn't discuss how they would have done it better though.