Halp The Superbowl (yes, already) party thread

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,799
So, the Mistah and I always host the Superbowl at our place (or what used to be our respective places). This year is no different and we've got about 20-25 people coming over to party. We've got some of the menu planned, but not all of it (including dessert, I am so stuck on dessert).

So

1. What do you like to eat when watching (american) football?
2. What luxurious food would you want to have if you were out tailgating, but couldn't get your hands on it?
3. What's your favorite dessert?
4. What the most orgasmic dessert you've ever had?
5. Does Dallas have a famous dessert? (this is more geared towards the Tejas folk).
bonus round question: what beer to you like to drink when watching sports?

gogogogogogogogo

Yes I'm answering my own questions to start

1. What do you like to eat when watching (american) football? anything snacky, especially nachos
2. What luxurious food would you want to have if you were out tailgating, but couldn't get your hands on it? a good woodfired pizza
3. What's your favorite dessert? creme brulee
4. What the most orgasmic dessert you've ever had? the key lime pie at Trulucks in Naples. Our wedding cake comes a close second
5. Does Dallas have a famous dessert? (this is more geared towards the Tejas folk). I have no fucking clue, that's why I asked
bonus round question: what beer to you like to drink when watching sports? Depends on the game. Usually a good Scotch Ale

1. nachos and cheese
2. we bring ribs, bbq, etc. to nfl football games... really, if you do tailgating right, its the best meal of the week. cold KFC to college.
3. for football... brownies.
4. pie :shady:
5. no. dallas pretty much sucks.

stadium beer is typical miller light or bud light so tailgating follows that rule of thumb... but meh, superbowl you can do whatever.

also, crackers, summer sausage, and cheese make good snacks.

i'm not a huge fan of those cocktail wieners but they seem pretty traditional.

1. What do you like to eat when watching (american) football? hot wings, great sub sandwiches, and this is actually great on those aunt millies mini sub buns, and did I say hot wings?
2. What luxurious food would you want to have if you were out tailgating, but couldn't get your hands on it? Christmas Ham.
3. What's your favorite dessert? canned peaches or pears with the sauce over poundcake, or with mashed strawberries & whipped cream.
4. What the most orgasmic dessert you've ever had?
5. Does Dallas have a famous dessert? (this is more geared towards the Tejas folk). My buddy says his wife brings this to parties and it's apparently a hit. http://www.laduni.com/brochures/cuatrolechescakeweb.pdf (also on that, I've made that dulce de leche = outstanding.)
bonus round question: what beer? Amstel.

gogogogogogogogo

So, the Mistah and I always host the Superbowl at our place (or what used to be our respective places). This year is no different and we've got about 20-25 people coming over to party. We've got some of the menu planned, but not all of it (including dessert, I am so stuck on dessert).

So

1. What do you like to eat when watching (american) football? You mean drink right? :fly:
2. What luxurious food would you want to have if you were out tailgating, but couldn't get your hands on it? Skirt steak, rarely anyone brings that to a tail gate, wtf?
3. What's your favorite dessert? Anythign and everything with sugar in it. I never read others responses so I wont be surprised if no one reads this... lol
4. What the most orgasmic dessert you've ever had? Chocolate Silk Pie
5. Does Dallas have a famous dessert? (this is more geared towards the Tejas folk). Texas has kolaches, not really a dessert, but its fabulous!
bonus round question: what beer to you like to drink when watching sports? Brown Suggga.

gogogogogogogogo

1. nachos and cheese
2. we bring ribs, bbq, etc. to nfl football games... really, if you do tailgating right, its the best meal of the week. cold KFC to college.
3. for football... brownies.
4. pie :shady:
5. no. dallas pretty much sucks.
stadium beer is typical miller light or bud light so tailgating follows that rule of thumb... but meh, superbowl you can do whatever.

We do it up right for our college games...we brought the smoker out this year and did 8 racks of ribs with the Mr's dry rub and my homemade BBQ sauce, among other things. We try to keep the food at the superbowl party to something that *could* be at a tailgate but probably isn't due to some sort of constraint (like my BBQ chicken nachos...they need to stay hot to keep the queso on them all gooey and happy). I also like doing an over-the-top dessert for the superbowl because generally people get my portable orgasmic desserts all fall at the games (brownies, cupcakes, etc). Last year I made a Baked Alaska and that was epic.