The Stress is GONE!

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
I went in for yet another interview today and got hired on the spot! It is a full time position with full benefits and even a sign on bonus. They are a survey company that from what I can tell, doesn't do surveys :confused:. I start my training on Monday which is fully paid and they do not back hold any paychecks!

Through the last couple weeks I have sent out probably 40+ resume/applications and the only ones I heard back from were basically shit jobs. If I didnt get the one today I was going to go sell cruises part time at minimum wage for this zoo of an office. That was stressing me out more than anything. Especially since when I went for the interview there were dog cages and people screaming running around the office, cursing on the phones. Thank jeebus I do not have to settle for a place like that.

The hours are a little fucked but right now I really could care less as I will be making money again. This place is not even 5 minutes down the road from me and is in a beautiful office. Looks like it is time to break out the iron and start getting my office attire back. Oh and the mohawk is gone :(

How is everyone else coming on the job search? I am going to continue applying for some of the higher positions I have been looking into but for now, this seems like it will work out nicely.

Glad to hear you got a job. Congratulations. But I have to ask, if a survey company doesn't do surveys, what do they do?

Its basically customer service for a security alarm company I believe. I go through my full training next week though so I will know more than basics then.

Full Benefits start after 30 days... I have never had any benefits so that sold me :fly:

I wouldn't leave my job now if you paid me. Not because it's so great (it doesn't suck overall), but because my Doctors I cover are awesome people, and I can't imagine having anyone else watching my back.

They were super key in getting me set up with a kick ass neurologist. I owe them now more than anything.

If I was in any other position though, I would be floating resumes constantly while still working just in case.

Its basically customer service for a security alarm company I believe. I go through my full training next week though so I will know more than basics then.

Full Benefits start after 30 days... I have never had any benefits so that sold me :fly:

Gotcha, probably there is a division of customer service there that handles customer feedback. I asked because I work alongside survey research at a university.

I wouldn't leave my job now if you paid me. Not because it's so great (it doesn't suck overall), but because my Doctors I cover are awesome people, and I can't imagine having anyone else watching my back.

They were super key in getting me set up with a kick ass neurologist. I owe them now more than anything.

If I was in any other position though, I would be floating resumes constantly while still working just in case.

I plan on doing this as well although this place seems really nice and the pay is better than anything else I found while searching. Most places I applied for just dropped their rate of pay because the job market is shit. Fucked up IMO

You desperately need to get a finance degree or something so you can say goodbye to those types of jobs forever. You're too smart to do that for a living.

If you were being paid off the books, then expect to never receive that money.

No, it was all taxed work...

They had a lawyer take over and had us fill out a government form stating how much the company still owed us. They said "we will get paid if the company is worth more than the fines". Basically if the company has a million in fines and they have 1.5 million we will get paid. The cops said dont count on it though

Gotcha, probably there is a division of customer service there that handles customer feedback. I asked because I work alongside survey research at a university.

Yeah, they had many other customer service programs they manage but this was the one they were currently hiring for. Only thing that kinda sucks is the hours 2:30pm to 11pm but I dont mind that. This was the only full time position I actually got a response too. The rest were part time and shit pay.

You desperately need to get a finance degree or something so you can say goodbye to those types of jobs forever. You're too smart to do that for a living.

This was a large part of the interview actually, talking about my future goals and if I had planned to finish out my degree. They hinted to getting me back in school but it was vague so I just left it as "yes I am very interested in getting back".

I guess I cant say "large part" but they def brought it up.

Edit - I love you