Ontopic The "Should not have done that" thread V. Sexual Misdeeds

They really need to get the cameras of the courtrooms. That was proven during the Casey Anthony thing when the judge bucked for a courtroom Oscar with that bawling routine.

The judge in the pervy doctor trial made an ass out of herself. And her eyebrows were simply awful. She obviously needs to wear readers when applying makeup. But I digress.

Stop with the act. Go ahead and show your disgust and while you’re at it, show disgust for the dozens of people that allowed that shit to continue.

And yeah. Go for a sit down an Ulta.
Yes, the judge refusing to talk to the press is showboating.

You usually have better judgment.

Yes, the judge's makeup application may have suffered a bit after listening to over 150 victim statements from female gymnasts and former gymnasts who had been sexually assaulted over and over again by that man. Including Olympians. Some were as young as 6 years old when the attacks occurred.

As a mother of five herself, the judge was probably affected just a LITTLE BIT, especially since the sick fuck had been reported as far back as the 1990s.

judge who said mean things
I know in this case it ended up being televised, but I've been in enough courtrooms at the end of cases hearing the judges tongue-lash defendants. This wasn't just a 'because there are cameras' thing.

I'm not bashing cameras or what was being said. I do, however, think that because we're not as used to seeing ALL the final remarks of every case the ones that do make it to prime time only do so because they stand out. That case alone was a stand out case. It didn't sound like grandstanding or attention seeking to me.

It's bad, but still pretty good

JUvLN8L.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Yes, the judge refusing to talk to the press is showboating.

You usually have better judgment.

Maybe I was a bit harsh, but I don’t think she would’ve acted that way without the cameras in the courtroom. I’ve been in courtrooms for a couple hundred hearings, some of which involved horrific abuse of kids, and never saw behavior like hers.

Jeez. You guys would think I said he got too harsh a punishment.

Maybe I was a bit harsh, but I don’t think she would’ve acted that way without the cameras in the courtroom. I’ve been in courtrooms for a couple hundred hearings, some of which involved horrific abuse of kids, and never saw behavior like hers.

Jeez. You guys would think I said he got too harsh a punishment.

I get ya, Immi.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I wonder if Amstel read the article to know she wasn't talking about being left out of being sexually molested, but instead being left out of the movement after the fact.

Probably not.