Ontopic The Shooting Thread

Good cops that dont stand up to and turn in bad cops are also bad cops.... so yes?
Think about the thousands, or hundreds of thousands, of police/citizen interactions every day. There are some bad eggs obviously, and some blue line shit preventing them from being weeded out, for sure. But overall...

Yeah dude, you have to join the Klan to be a cop. I heard it's really hard for Detroit's majority black PD.
Animated GIF

We should stop training them that its them against a hostile citizenry and arming them with military gear, and no associated training.
It has always been us/them because its dangerous. That's not going to change. However, I 100% agree on training. First, law enforcement should be a four year degree, full fucking stop.

As they exist now, absolutely. If they actually functioned they way copaganda depicts them it wouldn't be an issue. I doubt you're wealthy enough that defending them actually serves your interests.
I'd love to be able to put you in a real world simulation of what life would be like without police. You're such a pollyanna. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Peppers
We should stop training them that its them against a hostile citizenry and arming them with military gear, and no associated training.
See the funny thing is I try to stay in my lane or at least admit I'm trying to understand about things I don't have much experience with whereas everyone is apparently a goddamn expert on police training and day to day work stuff.

See the funny thing is I try to stay in my lane or at least admit I'm trying to understand about things I don't have much experience with whereas everyone is apparently a goddamn expert on police training and day to day work stuff.
See the funny thing is, you coming down on @Domon for not "staying in his lane" looks an awful lot like attacking the poster, and not the point.

The point being that police are trained as though they were a military organization, with the enemy being the citizenry, when in fact we are not.

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
It has always been us/them because its dangerous. That's not going to change. However, I 100% agree on training. First, law enforcement should be a four year degree, full fucking stop.
Its not even in the top 10 most dangerous career fields in the country, man.
The other career fields aren't random isolated niche fields either. Pilot, truck driver, roofer, farmers, construction workers, all of those are more dangerous than being a cop.

None of those jobs have an us vs them mentality. Maybe pilots, but thats cause they're dicks.

Its not even in the top 10 most dangerous career fields in the country, man.
The other career fields aren't random isolated niche fields either. Pilot, truck driver, roofer, farmers, construction workers, all of those are more dangerous than being a cop.

None of those jobs have an us vs them mentality. Maybe pilots, but thats cause they're dicks.
I work a more dangerous job. If I'm involved in somebody's death or injury (not even necessarily my fault) I risk big fines, prison, and I'd almost certainly lose the job. Not even allowed to carry too big of a knife.