Ontopic The Shooting Thread

No. They're too busy arguing over how many trillions of our dollars they are going to spend on "infrastructure".
You've got the weirdest fucking hot takes, you know that? Bridges that carry thousands per month have MASSIVE gaps in them, but for some reason we shouldn't put money towards fixing them?

You've got the weirdest fucking hot takes, you know that? Bridges that carry thousands per month have MASSIVE gaps in them, but for some reason we shouldn't put money towards fixing them?
Yes, but let's waste time and threaten to not pass a bill because a small group of idiots in the House are going to argue over if 1.5 TRILLION dollars. 2 trillion just isn't enough. We want 3.5!!! Enjoy being progressive, woke, and in the minority accomplishing nothing again next year. Idiots.

Yes, but let's waste time and threaten to not pass a bill because a small group of idiots in the House are going to argue over if 1.5 TRILLION dollars. 2 trillion just isn't enough. We want 3.5!!! Enjoy being progressive, woke, and in the minority accomplishing nothing again next year. Idiots.
money isnt arbitrary. Every time the "acceptable price" drops, the scope of intrastructure drops.

The right now question is manchin demanding people choose 1 of 3 between

1. The president has proposed extending the expanded, $3,600-per- child tax credit, which he funded for one year in the American Rescue Plan, for another four years. That would cost some $450 billion.
    2. The costs for providing paid family medical leave vary wildly. The White House proposed $225 billion over 10 years in April, yet the House Ways and Means Committee priced it last month at $500 billion.
    3. For Biden’s child and infant care proposals, which include subsidies for poor and middle-class families for day care and two years of universal preschool, the House wants to spend $450 billion.

If I had to vote, id vote for 3. It has the longest term impact, perhaps a generational one. Preschool will make a huge difference in an informed and critically thinking population.

That said, 1 is keeping some people afloat right now, so its a crisis patch. I actually am not informed anough about 2 to comment one way or another.

money isnt arbitrary. Every time the "acceptable price" drops, the scope of intrastructure drops.

The right now question is manchin demanding people choose 1 of 3 between

1. The president has proposed extending the expanded, $3,600-per- child tax credit, which he funded for one year in the American Rescue Plan, for another four years. That would cost some $450 billion.
    2. The costs for providing paid family medical leave vary wildly. The White House proposed $225 billion over 10 years in April, yet the House Ways and Means Committee priced it last month at $500 billion.
    3. For Biden’s child and infant care proposals, which include subsidies for poor and middle-class families for day care and two years of universal preschool, the House wants to spend $450 billion.

If I had to vote, id vote for 3. It has the longest term impact, perhaps a generational one. Preschool will make a huge difference in an informed and critically thinking population.

That said, 1 is keeping some people afloat right now, so its a crisis patch. I actually am not informed anough about 2 to comment one way or another.

2 trillion seems to be the number people are willing to come up to. 3.5 you lose votes within your own party in both chambers plus the small amount of republican votes in the house that were supporting the bill and you get nothing. And when the Dems lose the House and possibly even the Senate next year it will be years, maybe decades, before they have any kind of chance to pass something like this again.

Dean Winchester Gun GIF

Also, keep in mind the bills being passed now are paying for the previous administration’s spending.

Back when it mattered, people were all too willing to chip in and pay for a fucking WAR. I’m talking WWII by the way. Not the fake shit that’s gone on since then. If anyone truly gave a shit they’d look at what the tax rates were in the 20th Century and they’d be the same now that they were then.

People still got rich. But we were able to pay for a war at the same time. People don’t want to do that now. I’m not just talking about Bill Gates and Bezos. They’re not as rich as the sheiks and Putin anyway.

I’m talking about the people who are making over $500,000 a year. Heck, let’s say $150,000 a year. If they were paying the rates they should be, we’d be doing pretty damn good.

And fuck corporations. We had a president who wanted to lower their rates from 2008-2016 and the assholes who controlled the houses wouldn’t bring the bills to the floor. THAT’S who you blame. Turtle man, Boehner man, Loose Teeth Granny, and the boxer with the little time voice and black eye. Buncha fuckers.

Damn those commies! Wanting to fix our roads real good, an incredibly popular position. Why can't they just half-ass it like the rest of 'em.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
If only infrastructure just meant shit like bridges and roads and ports and stuff.

Meanwhile here in texas some kid shoots 4 people at school but it's ok because he's a black kid with rich parents who must've been "bullied" so walks in 24 hours on 75k bail and there is no media stampede about guns or privilege or whatever.

I disagree with the FBI definition of "mass" only requiring 3.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant