Ontopic The Shooting Thread

my brother would send the cartel.
like there’s no way id stay. fuck the law and a job.
i have family and friends who would gladly take me in

take her in @fly
Yeah, that's just not going to work. Also, she's been (at least) verbally abused for years. She'll probably end up going back to him.

No it fucking sucks. I'm totally willing to help. But the reality is that many of these women go back.

many of THESE WOMEN

it’s the cycle of abuse
and it’s because people have this outlook that “oh she’ll just go back” is why THESE WOMEN feel stuck

regardless if she goes back, she should be saved even if it’s temporary.
her situation is a lot worse since she’s looked at a gun barrel point blank. that’s beyond terrifying. more reason to just get her out of that scene.

i hope and pray SOMEONE helps her and the kids

many of THESE WOMEN

it’s the cycle of abuse
and it’s because people have this outlook that “oh she’ll just go back” is why THESE WOMEN feel stuck

her situation is a lot worse since she’s looked at a gun barrel point blank. that’s beyond terrifying. more reason to just get her out of that scene.

Oh should we all just fly to California and kidnap her against her will, dumdum? I don't think you're thinking very logically. She has a support system if she wants it. I hope she does, but realistically she's probably going to go back.

many of THESE WOMEN

it’s the cycle of abuse

Bro, you can't help people who won't hope themselves.

Bro, you can't help people who won't hope themselves.
Bite My Tongue Wtf GIF by Doja Cat

Maine sadly joins other states with a mass shooting tonight. 22 reported dead, dozens injured, shooting at a bowling alley and a bar & grill. Shooter still on the loose. NH state police lent a helicopter to search for the shooter. Boston ATF team on the way.

• Sad
Reactions: Peppers
Maine sadly joins other states with a mass shooting tonight. 22 reported dead, dozens injured, shooting at a bowling alley and a bar & grill. Shooter still on the loose. NH state police lent a helicopter to search for the shooter. Boston ATF team on the way.
can't blame the gun laws this time. blame the lack of mental help for people. this guy clearly needed it

18 confirmed dead, 13 injured. Right now supposedly the shooter is held up in a house a short drive from the crime scenes and surrounded by tactical law enforcement teams.

18 confirmed dead, 13 injured. Right now supposedly the shooter is held up in a house a short drive from the crime scenes and surrounded by tactical law enforcement teams.
Is it true that Maine had laws on the books that basically said this man should have had his firearms taken away from him because of his mental health issues? Some news outlets are reporting this guy was committed to a mental health facility a few years ago.

Is it true that Maine had laws on the books that basically said this man should have had his firearms taken away from him because of his mental health issues? Some news outlets are reporting this guy was committed to a mental health facility a few years ago.
I'm not sure what the red flag or yellow flag laws are in Maine. He was fitted with hearing aids earlier this year according to his sister in law and she said he started hearing voices. He was briefly committed to a mental health facility for 2 weeks during the summer. Other than a speeding ticket he has no criminal records according to the news.

He was not at his house last night and police left there. Still searching for him. It's unusually warm outside for the time of year right now so that's good and bad. Good that it's easier on the LEOs searching for him, less exhausting for them. But bad that it doesn't motivate the suspect to give up by being cold. This assuming he's hiding in the woods