Ontopic The Shooting Thread

I wonder how many domestic abuse call outs he had too. When will society learn that violent men are a threat at committing further violence and something needs to change?
Sadly, most of history's bomber types never had a domestic call or very few. They don't draw attention. It's quiet, solitary work - you don't want someone startling you I imagine. A bit like working on watches ;)

Not sure why domestic abuse is the go to for these fucked up actions - do we know he has a history of same? One call isn't a history, that's he said-she said.

Sadly, most of history's bomber types never had a domestic call or very few. They don't draw attention. It's quiet, solitary work - you don't want someone startling you I imagine. A bit like working on watches ;)

Not sure why domestic abuse is the go to for these fucked up actions - do we know he has a history of same? One call isn't a history, that's he said-she said.
From my knowledge pretty much all recent bombers or mass shooters, same category really, were domestic abusers. I imagine historically they weren't because nobody made those domestic abuse calls. Also every single one of them is male. That's telling in itself. Men should stop being violent.

From my knowledge pretty much all recent bombers or mass shooters, same category really, were domestic abusers. I imagine historically they weren't because nobody made those domestic abuse calls. Also every single one of them is male. That's telling in itself. Men should stop being violent.
I will agree that the percentage of violence committed by men is troubling - really wish it was closer to even. RE:Bombers being men - I think it's genderized like many mechanical tasks because man are more likely to have the skills(lets not digress into the reasons why). And even amongst handy types, making bombs is both crazy and crafty. I'm a watchsmith - but I would never make a fucking bomb. OH HELL NO!

Hatebox is wondering why the shooter isn’t being charged with a hate crime since he’s Muslim. And kind of defending the “spa” shooter from hate crime charges in the same breath. Hearmph

dont spend your valuable hours on the hatebox buddy

Thanks. I spend the first half hour of every day lately sitting on a barstool in my bathroom hitting inhalers and getting enough oomph to make it to the kitchen, but I really should put the radio on something a little more sane.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Thanks. I spend the first half hour of every day lately sitting on a barstool in my bathroom hitting inhalers and getting enough oomph to make it to the kitchen, but I really should put the radio on something a little more sane.

Can use the hate to get the blood pumping in the morning then switch to npr later if you're having trouble falling asleep.