Ontopic The Shooting Thread

colorado seems like my kind of place duke baba :)
I dont know how many but a lot of the mountains we saw were over 6000 meters (20000 feet approx) became common, then there are the mammoths, you can see them towering over the rest on a clear day

You would like it there baba, both the scenery and the culture. It's one of the prettiest places we have, all the western mountain states are really. Still, the highest peaks in the lower 48 are in the 14000 foot range. Plenty high but it's not Nepal.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
You would like it there baba, both the scenery and the culture. It's one of the prettiest places we have, all the western mountain states are really. Still, the highest peaks in the lower 48 are in the 14000 foot range. Plenty high but it's not Nepal.
doesnt matter nepal or not baba, it will be gorgeous for sure :)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
lol.

You'll say that nothing prevents people from behaving badly and in the same breath say that fear of another with a gun keeps people in line.

Keep grasping at those straws, buddy.

In the mean time, I've owned nothing but an air rifle for dispatching dying birds, and somehow haven't been shot dead by a ravening meth fiend.

liberal logic 101: haven't had a car accident = don't need bumpers, seat belt, air bags. buddy

:waw:

I had a coworker who threw himself off the South Omaha Bridge. He survived. When I talked to him a couple months later (he was in the hospital with a broken back for a while), he said the thought “Oh fuck! What have I done?” went through his head the second he jumped.

Another friend blew himself and his house up with an intentional gas leak. He was hoping for asphyxiation but forgot to blow out the pilot light on the hot water tank. As soon as he regained consciousness, he said he was never so thankful for anything ever as he was to be alive.

I wonder if anyone ever had that same thought between the time they pull the trigger and lights out?
I think it was a military TED talk that I caught a few minutes of where some medical professional was saying that the 'suicidal' can be re-routed if they reach out just before. like "ok, you're going to off yourself. got it. text this #, or call this # first just to double check if it's the right thing for you to do." Because some big % of these suicides can be stopped with a little convo in 5 minutes. His 'wake up people' message to those around the suicidal person was that these suicidal people are literally mentally going through a tough time that they can't see a way out of for 5 minutes, but then they can. :(:)

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
With enough heat applied long enough, anything will die. Eventually it all turns to carbon/ash.

Except thoughts and prayers.

My grandparents used to cook pig brains way back when. They were from the Depression, nothing went to waste. They didn't go on insane prion trips either.
Unfortunately, prions have been able to survive cooking a 400f for over an hour. Nah, you ain't cooking them dead and eating the freaking ashes. Prions are relatively new - best science ponts to around 1940-1950, New Guinea.
*I am trying to have my identity verified - I figure a few more posts and it will be clear I'm not a cabbie.:)
imgres
download.jpg

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Trump visited Sante Fe victims/survivors today.
A quote from one of the attendees:

Hart, an Army veteran, said she also suggested employing veterans as sentinels in schools. She said Trump responded, "And arm them?" She replied, "No," but said Trump "kept mentioning" arming classroom teachers. "It was like talking to a toddler," Hart said.

:waw:

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant