Ontopic The Shooting Thread

So get this, there was a Secret Service guy on saying that 'access control' can be part of security but it's not total security by itself. Example used was a ticket to a pro-football game in a stadium.

I never actually thought about how many separate layers there needs to be.

Domon pretty much explained it.

Real security comes in many layers, very far out in both distance and time from whatever it is you're trying to make secure. This can get all kinds of involved in big business or govt stuff but even just in your own home it could be things like people calling you and letting you know they're on their way instead of just popping in, or having that motion light (or dog) letting you know someone's there before they get to your front door.

And common sense stuff. Dude hamging menus on doorknobs for the new local Chinese delivery place is common during daylight hours in a subdivision. At 1 am not so much.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Don't you people think it is weird that we know more about the kids who want to ban ar's than we do about the real victims who died? It is because of the MSM pushing their agendas down our throats
Yes, the right's obsession with trying to pick apart massacre survivors is weird, but entirely expected.

Sometimes you get soooooo close.

I think it’s odd how some folks view the supposed causes of mass shootings.

Vegas, white shooter, cops are to blame.
San Bernardino, brownish shooters, immigration is to blame.
Parkland, white shooter, blame the cops.

Huh. I wonder what the determining factor is when it comes to where to place blame. Supposedly, the left always argues the same points- it’s the guns and accessibility to them.

If you wanna blame the cops, and you’ve voted against tax increases and measures that add police and better training and screening, etc, for the past 30years, you are as much to blame as the cop.

I think it’s odd how some folks view the supposed causes of mass shootings.

Vegas, white shooter, cops are to blame.
San Bernardino, brownish shooters, immigration is to blame.
Parkland, white shooter, blame the cops.

Huh. I wonder what the determining factor is when it comes to where to place blame. Supposedly, the left always argues the same points- it’s the guns and accessibility to them.

If you wanna blame the cops, and you’ve voted against tax increases and measures that add police and better training and screening, etc, for the past 30years, you are as much to blame as the cop.

That's because people refuse to admit that society is just fucked up sometimes now. People are aholes in almost every aspect of life now. It's easier to blame something than to just admit the system is failing.

mm5MJ6w.png

It’s quite telling that when the shooters are honkies, it’s the fault of the law enforcement, and if they’re un-white, it’s an immigration issue and the only fixes are a wall and a travel ban.

Careful. Whatever trust we had in the media is shrinking and now the targets are the law enforcement and intelligence agencies. Slippery slope to an authoritarian state from here.

It’s quite telling that when the shooters are honkies, it’s the fault of the law enforcement, and if they’re un-white, it’s an immigration issue and the only fixes are a wall and a travel ban.

Careful. Whatever trust we had in the media is shrinking and now the targets are the law enforcement and intelligence agencies. Slippery slope to an authoritarian state from here.
giphy.gif.cf.gif

I've been looking for information on the recent mass murderers and their mental health histories: specifically, were they on antidepressants or not. I haven't had luck searching.

I get suspicious when under-25s get homicidal/suicidal. And was taught that when something isn't right health-wise, look to the meds first.

I've written a couple fairly long responses to this and didn't pull the trigger on either of them. Don't have any studious studies or brain scans to support my ideas (neither do the people prescribing those type of meds), just personal experience with people I know/have known.

"Pull the trigger", nyuk, nyuk.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Ledboots
Of the remaining 20%, 12 might be fighters, 1% are true warriors, and the other 7 are artillery guys who are deaf anyways.