the sharing thread.

yeah, i'm the guy in th OP...
I work on telescopes...
big telescopes...
that will go in big observatories...

for instance, we have 2 6.5m (~22ft.) diameter scopes in Chile, a 2 *.4m (~28 ft.) in a binocular config here in az and our current project is a 7 8.4m mirrors in a flower config, 1 center and 6 petals...

my current project is a secondary mirror for one of the scopes in Chile...
if you check out my previous thread, you'll see one just like it...
http://www.uselessforums.com/showthread.php?t=6840

we also made a 6.4m test scope for testing satalites... <_< >_>

i'll get some more pics soon, this 4 to midnight shift blows, thats a big reason i'm not on here more...

being late there is prolly a lot of spelling errors in here...

the fart sack is calling, and its long distance...

later...

that's friggin cool man. :cool: astronomy ftw

freek how did you get into your field?

just really interested in science, went to a tech open house at a comunity college and saw a laser remove the shell from an egg w/o breaking it, then they blew up stuff...

i was hooked, i have an AAS in Lasers and Electro-optic Technology, and one in Fiber Optic Technology...

while persuing those i worked at an optics company, manufacturing an testing all kinds of optics...

then i moved to tucson and started working at the lab, still working on my BS in Electro-optical engineering...

just really interested in science, went to a tech open house at a comunity college and saw a laser remove the shell from an egg w/o breaking it, then they blew up stuff...

i was hooked, i have an AAS in Lasers and Electro-optic Technology, and one in Fiber Optic Technology...

while persuing those i worked at an optics company, manufacturing an testing all kinds of optics...

then i moved to tucson and started working at the lab, still working on my BS in Electro-optical engineering...

How long till we can have pictures of planets in other solar systems?

I didn't quit .. I got fired :(.

I got fired for accidentally paperclipping 2 reports together and one didn't get entered.

It's a long story, with a shitty outcome.

Then I found oiut that my friend of 6 years knew about it, didn't tell me (so I could at least be looking for another job), and now has my job.

I didn't quit .. I got fired :(.

I got fired for accidentally paperclipping 2 reports together and one didn't get entered.

It's a long story, with a shitty outcome.

Then I found oiut that my friend of 6 years knew about it, didn't tell me (so I could at least be looking for another job), and now has my job.

They fired you over one incident?

Yeah .. I got a written oral warning (for the paperclip thing) .. then (about a month later) my boss shows up yesterday on my morning off, tells my employee to have me come in .. and fires me.

It's fucking bullshit. They still owe me money ($750) from 2006 too.

Yeah .. I got a written oral warning (for the paperclip thing) .. then (about a month later) my boss shows up yesterday on my morning off, tells my employee to have me come in .. and fires me.

It's fucking bullshit. They still owe me money ($750) from 2006 too.

Time to hit the pavement... Do they have pavement in AL?

Work is hell right now. So damn busy. I have people getting moved into buildings that we haven't even finished running the cabling in. You can't bitch about no internet or phones when you move in before everything is finished. I have to setup an entire dorm as soon as it gets released to me in the next day or so. The kids move in next week.

The stupid power company accidentally ran into the side of one of the new dorm buildings and ripped out the fiber going to it so that has to be repaired too. This is like the 3rd time in the past year the power company has done something stupid like that.

This last like week has been just great!

Work is turning around and we are starting to pick back up again. It has been so dam busy around here my work week got doubled, haha a full 40 now. We start another program hopefully by Thursday if I can get all the data straight by then. Just started a new room on one of our current campaign's and they are jamming on it and its only the second day. Got my new computer for a great deal which I could not be happier about. With the extra work I should be getting some good extra cash flow within the next month when we get paid on our work. This will in turn help me save the cash for a new car much quicker. I put the computer before the car because my roommate has a couple vehicles so its not like I dont have a mode of transport. My diet is going alright, lost about 10 pounds so far and it has been a little under a month. Best friends neighbor has a huge home gym that he used once and cannot take it to his new place(to big). So it will be nice and really help my diet along when I get that. There is more that I am happy about but sharing it on the internet could cause problems, lol. Its just been a really good couple weeks for me.