the sad plight of the pacific northwest tree octopus

fly said:
Sooo, back to the cephalopods...

The blue-ringed octopus is one of the most toxic creatures in the world to humans.

I bet the tree variety hangs from limbs above hiking trails and attacks people like the face-huggers from aliens. Except instead of laying an egg in your belly they just nut a load in your mouth and run off.

Drool-Boy said:
I bet the tree variety hangs from limbs above hiking trails and attacks people like the face-huggers from aliens. Except instead of laying an egg in your belly they just nut a load in your mouth and run off.
God damn that movie was frightening when it came out.

Those AvP video games kick ass. Nothing was scarier than the PC version where you start as the marine and all the power in the station is out. The first time those dumb things came flying at me on the walls I about nutted in my own mouth.

Sarcasmo said:
Those AvP video games kick ass. Nothing was scarier than the PC version where you start as the marine and all the power in the station is out. The first time those dumb things came flying at me on the walls I about nutted in my own mouth.

yeah, AvP2 kicked ass.

Sarcasmo said:

I remember playing some pretty good Aliens conversion for Doom and Doom 2 way back in the day, which was, apparently, ten or so years ago.

itburnswhenipee said:
I remember playing some pretty good Aliens conversion for Doom and Doom 2 way back in the day, which was, apparently, ten or so years ago.

There was a kickass Aliens conversion for Quake1 way back when, but Fox found out about it and threatened to sue the pants off the guy so he took down the site before it could be finished. It was almost done tho, like late beta.

itburnswhenipee said:

Speaking of Doom, whoever thought it would actually be a good idea to make a movie of a video game and style it as if you are playing the video game through part of the movie? :confused: It's going to be the worst movie of the year.

kiwi said:
Speaking of Doom, whoever thought it would actually be a good idea to make a movie of a video game and style it as if you are playing the video game through part of the movie? :confused: It's going to be the worst movie of the year.
At least the chainsaw sound seems to be the same as in the game.................

...yeah, it's gonna suck

kiwi said:

Can you really name a single movie that came from a game that turned out exceptional?

Drool-Boy said:
the Riddick game kicked ass, but it went the other way.

I was extremely impressed by the Riddick game. I still break it out when I'm bored. I had never heard anything about it. Not a commercial, not a review, not anything. I bought it on a whim at Comp USA one day, and I couldn't believe how much fun it was for something I had never even heard of.

Coqui said:
Yeah you can make a kick ass game out of just about any movie.

The opposite, however, is completely impossible. I have yet to see any movie based on a game that's worth ninety minutes of my life.

cept super mario bros, of course. That was teh r0xx0r.

Sarcasmo said:
I was extremely impressed by the Riddick game. I still break it out when I'm bored. I had never heard anything about it. Not a commercial, not a review, not anything. I bought it on a whim at Comp USA one day, and I couldn't believe how much fun it was for something I had never even heard of.
There was a huge preview, along with an interview with Vin in Game Informer before it came out.

If it wasn't for that funcoland discount card and free GI subscription, I never woulda known :fly: