The Rundown..........

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, that's not the kind of case I'm talking about.

This would be akin to the 'cut off the wrong leg' cases.

omg, are you talking about what I think you're talking about?????????

ChikkenNoodul said:
Ahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

No, it's not me :lol:

I can just see that conversation.

"Um, Chikken, we thought the cancer was in your right testicle, but it's really in your left, and now we have to amputate it as well. Sorry about that man."

ChikkenNoodul said:
I don't necessarily agree, yes most doctor's are extremely dedicated and aren't out to cause harm - but thanks to a stupid, and avoidable mistake someone is now disabled and will never walk again.

Now they need all kinds of care they can't afford, so who should pay? Well, the doctor is pressured into the reduced treatment by the insurance company - but you can't sue them, so you have to sue the doctor.
I know what you mean, an honest mistake lead to my own mother dying. How can I blame a man who was dedicated to his job and turned out to be wrong? Trust me, it never ever crossed my mind to sue him and now that I'm training to be part of that profession, I'd hope with my own dedication if I ever made a mistake as grave as the one your talking about, as well as my own, I would feel bad enough about not being able to carry out my own job. A lawsuit isn't going to solve anything, if I'm spending over 100k to train myself to help others as best I can, why should I be made to pay for an honest mistake. Nothing is procedure in medicine and we're only human.

itburnswhenipee said:
Tell that to an insurance company. You're just a series of numbers and assesed risk factors to them.
That is why I vow tol leave a scalpel inside every insurance broker

Galen said:
I know what you mean, an honest mistake lead to my own mother dying. How can I blame a man who was dedicated to his job and turned out to be wrong? Trust me, it never ever crossed my mind to sue him and now that I'm training to be part of that profession, I'd hope with my own dedication if I ever made a mistake as grave as the one your talking about, as well as my own, I would feel bad enough about not being able to carry out my own job. A lawsuit isn't going to solve anything, if I'm spending over 100k to train myself to help others as best I can, why should I be made to pay for an honest mistake. Nothing is procedure in medicine and we're only human.
My condolences :heart:

But you're not paying, that's what malpractice insurance is for. It's a necessary part of the way things currently are here, both to protect the doctor's from ruin and the patients from having to pay for someone else's mistakes.

ChikkenNoodul said:
My condolences :heart:

But you're not paying, that's what malpractice insurance is for. It's a necessary part of the way things currently are here, both to protect the doctor's from ruin and the patients from having to pay for someone else's mistakes.
Thank you, and same :) :heart:

Here we'd most certainly have to pay, as well as being struck off from practice. Any doctor involved in a malpractice suit will face ruin regardless. Having said that, an Iranian surgeon in Belfast stabbed a nurse with his scalpel during an operation because she told him that what he was doing was wrong. He has since left the country to practice elsewhere, before he could be struck off.

itburnswhenipee said:
Well, that'll get hospital management on your case. You have any idea how expensive surgical instruments are?

/yes, I know you probably do know
A pack of chewing gum and two cigarettes, that's why I prefer not to buy in bulk.

Galen said:

What a horrifyingly un-American viewpoint. I'm ashamed of you, sir.

Galen said:
That is exactly my point. Thank you.

edit: Sarcasmo is a fag.

Sarcasmo said:
What a horrifyingly un-American viewpoint. I'm ashamed of you, sir.
july4th07042004.jpg

*tear* :(